Reviews and lifespan of Magnefine in-line....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a remote filter mount and plumbed it into the trans cooler line. Just put a new one on once a year. I have a Wix on there now but will upgrade to an Amsoil next change.

Most of the transmission particles are super fine... I would use a Filter-Mag or some other super strong rare-earth magnets on the side of the remote mount filter for optimum filtering...

So I ordered the B&M filter attachment from Amazon.

My plan is to attach it after dropping the pan and replacing the filter and doing a line flush on my '98 Ford F-150. The first filter that I plan on running is an inexpensive Supertech for around 1000 miles. Then once I am sure everything is working well and any larger particles are out of the system switch over to a better filter, like the Wix filter previously posted.

Any other suggestions? I am starting this on my truck cause it has lots of space to work in. Then I might get another, if I like it enough and install it on another car.

Here's the best setup you can have:

Substitute any full flow filter you want in exchange for the referenced Northern Tool installation.

scre4f4657ae4.jpg

The basics are if you have a vehicle without a lot of room under the hood install a Magnefine purchased from our sponsor, if you have a truck with a lot of room, go for a mount and spin on.

Originally Posted By: brandini
I was thing of this mount: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRM-1793/
It's versatile (L&R facing ports) and I could use 1 port to feed a temp sensor.

What would be a good model filter to use & would an Amsoil EAO filter be fit for the job? (if so which model)

See what fleetfilter will sell you a 24764 for. That number would fit a larger variety of 3/4-16 thread filters (Ford/Mopar and tons more large and small) It's the same thing. Summit and Jeg's have a virtual price fixing scam going between them. Check your local NAPA too. EaO15, 57, 42, 34 etc.

Fleet wanted $24.44 (napa pn 4764 and napa wanted $47) and it looks identical to the Perma-cool, except for finish (which is unimportant as far as I can tell).

So is the model you posted able to take larger filters? And what's the difference between the EAO numbers you posted, just filter size?

Yes, Permacool makes most of them. They have to be under $5 at the producer level.

That will take any 3/4-16 thread filter. I'm unsure of the lower and upper gasket sizes that will work, but the vast 2.3-2.8 OD should work. Can diameter should not be a problem. Length would be limited by your installation room.

Yes, those are a few of the EaO's that are 3/4-16. There are more.

For anyone considering any remote setup, take a look at the Spectre 5971 Easy oil change kit on Amazon. It's currently $55 ..but includes shipping and has just about any adapter for you to match the OEM thread on your engine so that you can stock fewer part numbers. It will also have some useful accessories like the pump, banjo drain bolt (if you're a bypass filter type) ..etc..etc.

Interesting product. Probably costs more than I'd want to pay ..but I'm a tightwad about some things. Make that all things.

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
I installed a Magnefine on my 08' Corolla and it went well. Had to by another run of 5/16" AT cooler tubing to get it to route right without kinking hoses. I did this two weeks ago and so far so good. I am going to cut it open at the end of the recommended change period and post what I find.

2vvjgih.jpg

Just an update:
I installed his exact set-up on my 2008 Corolla.
I just replaced the Magnefine filter and fluid after 3 years and 35K and there was some ferrous paste on the magnet but the filter looked good. I'll probably do 50K on this run. I used Mobil 3309 and 8oz. LG Red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back