Review (reliability)- Used 2014 Acura RDX after three years of ownership- purchased fall 2018

Valves are probably OK...Honda only recommends adjustment if they're noisy, but if you want the piece of mind have them checked. Honda dealer recently quoted me $1200 for TB replacement (kit).

My parents have a 2009 RDX With the turbo I4. The thing was pretty much bulletproof for 270k miles, most of which we’re driving in Boston traffic. When we would visit, my parents would let my wife and I drive it and even near 270k miles it was tight and rattle free.

Around 270k it started to have issues though. The liquid/oil transmission cooler blew and coolant Dumped into the trans. Then shortly after the external trans cooler blew. ever since then there has been a cascading series of failures so I think my parents are giving up on it.

Oh and the SH-AWD was great. It really did work well.

One of my brothers has an Acura SUV. He is a pharmacy manager at Walmart and won’t drive it to work. He bought my old GTI for his work car.
That’s funny my friends father(multi millionaire) decided retirement was boring so took a job at Walmart as pharmacy tech. He bought a $5000 2010 Ford Fusion to drive to work as his Mercedes S class or BMW x7 looked too nice and he did wanted to not fit in. He also had cheap clothes etc.

Back