Reuse fram XG for 1 more O/C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
The filter I posted a picture of was black in color when removed and this is the first filter I have seen that direct sunlight would not pass through. In my opinion it was used passed it's useful life. I'm sure some oil was still passing through the media but the flow rate must have been seriously compromised.

I believe the oil had difficulty passing through the media and a large percentage of the oil began to flow up and across the media towards the bypass valve. In doing so the oil deposited solid particles where it had to stop and turn to move around the end cap of the filter. Looks like a sign of restricted media to me.

A few yahoos here would think it's good for another OCI
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
The filter I posted a picture of was black in color when removed and this is the first filter I have seen that direct sunlight would not pass through. In my opinion it was used passed it's useful life. I'm sure some oil was still passing through the media but the flow rate must have been seriously compromised.

I believe the oil had difficulty passing through the media and a large percentage of the oil began to flow up and across the media towards the bypass valve. In doing so the oil deposited solid particles where it had to stop and turn to move around the end cap of the filter. Looks like a sign of restricted media to me.

A few yahoos here would think it's good for another OCI
crackmeup2.gif

A few? There are more than a few here that use oil filters over and over for multiple OCI's. And, you gave them the correct name, "YAHOOS!"
thumbsup2.gif
grin.gif

Yeehaw is who is thinkin that was a plugged filter just because it is a little dirt and "couldn't see the light across it". "It had a dark media with 2 grams of carbon crud on the end caps". It could be bypassing all the time, so dirt it was". Come on. That filter has a 35 grams of dirt capacity. It was just getting the best efficiency.

Yeehaws, they never saw a plugged filter... 😀

Ambassador

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I used an XG9018 for 20,000 miles. The filter appeared to be plugged when I removed it. I think 15,000 is probably the limit.

Do you have pics of this plugged filter? Can I see?

At the end of this thread you will find a pic of the filter that I believe was plugged to the point it was used beyond it's reasonable limits. It appears to be covered in carbon. The UOA came back fine. Insolubles were at %0.3.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3994431/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back