Replaced battery in 2019 Jetta.

Also, VW batteries are pretty reasonable, depending on which one you bought at Wally World a genuine battery might not be much more.

Our Jetta is at toe GA house or I'd pull the warranty manual out and see what the term is on the battery...

Will be interesting to see how long I'll get out of the one in my Taos. I've personally seen several cars with 6-7 year old batteries that still worked fine. In the northeast generally however.

Will be interesting to see how long I'll get out of the one in my Taos. I've personally seen several cars with 6-7 year old batteries that still worked fine. In the northeast generally however.
It depends on the brand of the battery that is installed on the car.

Never had issues with factory installed Varta controls batteries (5+ years when I decided to replace, just in case) Now, the Exide that was installed at the factory... that gave up in 2 years, of Northeast weather

It depends on the brand of the battery that is installed on the car.

Never had issues with factory installed Varta controls batteries (5+ years when I decided to replace, just in case) Now, the Exide that was installed at the factory... that gave up in 2 years, of Northeast weather
I'll have to take a look tomorrow, I think it's Varta though, I would have remembered seeing Exide, I hope.

What drains the vehicle battery?.......... Leaving the vehicle unlocked for several days when not in use.

I would still like to know the exact, correct reason for this... Not a "guess".

Because if it's true, I'll start locking my vehicles while in the garage. But I would think it would be the opposite. Because the alarm isn't activated when the vehicle is unlocked.

VW codes the battery and the charging system is set up for a particular set of battery characteristic. Recoding the system is often ignored outside a dealership and the battery life is affected. The F150 uses a coded battery, too. It allows the vehicle makers another means to eek out better fuel efficiency.

The battery is not covered by the new car warranty unless under a specific extension, like the 2018 Atlas.

You should adapt the new battery so the car will use the correct charging profile.

I would have installed the largest battery that fit in the tray.

She should lock the car in the garage to ensure the car goes "to sleepy" quicker.

Batteries are a roll of the dice...they can last 2 years or 10.
my ne-located passat oem battery lasted from 2013 to 2020. my sw-located yaris oem battery lasted from 2014 to 2021. both are simple base models with no electronic nannies. the passat is short tripped almost daily, long tripped monthly or so. it died unexpectedly at home so aaa mobile service came to replace it with a $160, 3 yr-warrantied, battery. the yaris is parked for long periods in an underground garage on a battery tender. it was recently tested at 30% level so i drove it to walmart for a $102, 3 yr warrantied, replacement battery. i switch off all electric components when i park both cars for the night.

Which warranty do you think covers the battery?

2018 and 2019 Volkswagen Warranties​

Most 2018 and 2019 models are covered by what Volkswagen called The People First Warranty, or a New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This bumper-to-bumper, transferable warranty lasts six years or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This warranty provides limited coverage of your powertrain, battery, brake pads and shoes, wheel alignment, paint, wiper blades, and mechanical adjustments (parts must be supplied by Volkswagen). However, maintenance services, tire issues, and some types of corrosion aren’t included.

Before 2018, many Volkswagen models were covered for only three years or 36,000 miles.

My 2014 Ford F-150 had the original battery and I had to replace it in mid-October. My brother in law comes to stay about 10 days to go pheasant hunting and fishing. Low and behold we decided to go fishing on his 4th day here. My wife and him are all ready to get in the truck and I have lunch packed and we are ready to drive 130 miles to hook up my boat to go fishing. I tow the boat about 3 miles to the river. Anyway I had to go to Walmart and exchanged the battery and bought the best one they had and it was an AGM battery. It only took about 10 minutes to change it out. The Ford gave no indication the battery was getting dead and it is always parked inside of the garage. The battery lasted over 8 years which is pretty good IMO. My fishing buddy has the exact truck only his is red and his battery is still going strong buy he has it on a battery tender now and uses his mainly for fishing too. I think almost 8 years is pretty good for an original FOMOCO battery!

Does she lock it in the garage?
Does proximity to the key fob shorten battery life, like the car is expecting a command any second now? This could happen with an attached garage if one keeps the keys right by the door.

Battery was 36/36 for the ’18. I can't find a warranty booklet for '19.

They used to be 12/12
What is Covered Under This Warranty?

If you need repairs due to a mechanical defect, this Volkswagen extended warranty is worth it, because you will be immediately taken care of.

Here are a few parts that are covered by the limited coverage:

• Wiper Blades: 1 year or 12,000 miles
  • Bulbs: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Paint: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Battery: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Brake Pads/Shoes: 1 year or 12,000 mile
Thats what I found for my 2018 GSW

Reactions: JTK
Move to Montana where the batteries last longer as there as no hot days.
What is Covered Under This Warranty?

If you need repairs due to a mechanical defect, this Volkswagen extended warranty is worth it, because you will be immediately taken care of.

Here are a few parts that are covered by the limited coverage:

• Wiper Blades: 1 year or 12,000 miles
  • Bulbs: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Paint: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Battery: 3 years or 36,000 miles
  • Brake Pads/Shoes: 1 year or 12,000 mile
Thats what I found for my 2018 GSW

Wut? Tesla is now performing the painting for VW?

2018 and 2019 Volkswagen Warranties​

Most 2018 and 2019 models are covered by what Volkswagen called The People First Warranty, or a New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This bumper-to-bumper, transferable warranty lasts six years or 72,000 miles, whichever comes first.

This warranty provides limited coverage of your powertrain, battery, brake pads and shoes, wheel alignment, paint, wiper blades, and mechanical adjustments (parts must be supplied by Volkswagen). However, maintenance services, tire issues, and some types of corrosion aren’t included.

Before 2018, many Volkswagen models were covered for only three years or 36,000 miles.
that carchex link is confusing it starts off with coverage for people who bought the VW extended warranty.

then goes into the generic warranty that covers most vehicles. I'd like to see an actual warranty book.

Hyundai for example... for years would advertise "americas best warranty" but only provided 2 year battery and electronics (radio etc) warranty.

Does proximity to the key fob shorten battery life, like the car is expecting a command any second now? This could happen with an attached garage if one keeps the keys right by the door.

I was going to mention this as well. The proximity fobs send signals and the car responds even though a person is not using them. If the fobs are located close to the car then this activity goes on. I don’t know how much this affects the car batteries but the fob batteries will need to be replaced more often.

Back