Redline CVT Fluid w Hotshots Shift Restore

granted this analysis that was done was no money out of my pocket but it left a lot to be desired. under the remark section they know that no viscosity grade was given because I didn't know what the viscosity grade of Redline CVT fluid was. they also listed tan as high and yet they also include on the first line that the wear levels appear normal. I'm kind of disappointed in this report and may consider next time sending it to speed diagnostic or Dyson. this fluid had 17,500 mi on it. we do occasionally use the paddle shifters to do down shifts but usually only below 5000 RPM and an extreme emergencies to slow down during ice and snow. this is the original CVT transmission and at the time of testing it had 309,550 mi. original motor original transmission yada yada yada. without further adieu....

please forgive the quality of pictures posted, I don't have social media I do not have a computer and I do not have a printer so I had to give my email and password to one of my friends and he just printed it off and took pictures and this is how I got it thus this is how the forum is getting it. thank you

20240130_184039.jpg

20240130_184110.jpg

I didn't have any HSSR additive this time. I will probably go one more without it and then go to a very minimal amount. Honestly, I'd like to have a 2 row cooler but I also know that what I am doing now is about as good as it gets. The Atwoods store I frequent has their brand of HK CVT fluid and I might try to buy it all if I can lean on the manager and explain it won't sell, sell it to me and free up space. It's gonna have to get down to the 1$ or less a quart. Would probably go back to using the BG CVT 303 additive. Currently have about 30 qts of RL CVT Fluid to get me to 400k.

under the remark section they know that no viscosity grade was given because I didn't know what the viscosity grade of Redline CVT fluid was.
The fluid "grade" can be determined from the spec sheet's "Typical Properties" which shows the viscosity at 40C and 100C.

and

The fluid "grade" can be determined from the spec sheet's "Typical Properties" which shows the viscosity at 40C and 100C.

and

~70w80.

after I called back today to Hot shots I told him what was going on with the caution label and he'd explain to me he sees that a lot with transmission analysis because they used tan and not TBN. he thought that my analysis looked really well. what he would tell me was their additive was just used as a cleaner group 5 and not much else probably because I didn't pry and maybe I should have for the benefit of the forum. he did tell me the biggest concern he had with transmissions was the valve body and this product seemed to keep them cleaner.

Back