Red Line CV-2 or Bel-Ray Waterproof for chassis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a '54 Dodge with lots of chassis lubrication points, most of which are not well sealed. Which would you prefer, Red Line CV-2 or Bel-Ray Waterproof and why?

Thanks!

Out of those two I would use the Redline CV-2 but if I could make my own suggestion I'd recommend Lucas X-tra Heavy Duty (green) and grease more often.

+1 for CV-2. We use it everywhere at our hobby gold mine. Lots of grease joints. This stuff survives high temps, dust, grit and water. Others might be as good but about 10 years ago we spent some time trying different greases and CV-2 was the best performer in a very harsh environment.

I ordered the CV-2. I like Red Line products quite a bit, but have never used their grease. I've had, I think, Valvoline Synpower grease in the gun, but the oil separated out rather readily.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
I ordered the CV-2. I like Red Line products quite a bit, but have never used their grease. I've had, I think, Valvoline Synpower grease in the gun, but the oil separated out rather readily.

You won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
You may want to check, but I think the Redline grease is not compatible with "some" others.

Wrong!

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
You may want to check, but I think the Redline grease is not compatible with "some" others.

Wrong!

So you're telling us that calcium sulfonate is compatible with everything?

Common automotive applications using ordinary grease. Not talking saltwater or specialized applications or people using such grease on their ordinary automotive applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back