Recommendations for fully copper 6 gauge jumper cables? Or 4 gauge CCA ?

I got a jump charger in all my cars. I love these boxes.
The NOCOs are insanely small for what they are capable of jumping. The GB40 is like 8”x3”x2” (wild guess), weighs about 24 ounces without cables (2.5lbs with) and has easily started my F150, Subaru, and a couple friends’ cars and trucks. For $100 it’s hard to beat. You can also use it to charge your phone in an emergency! 🤣

I just got some copper jumper cables from goodwill. They were like $10. I couldn't believe that someone else hadn't bought them

Last time I jumped the Secretary's old Mercury Sable with a door nail dead battery, I somehow toasted the sensitive electronics in my car new car. Never ran right thereafter.
And I made the GND point the last connexion on an engine bracket in her car. IDK.

Never again.

Last time I jumped the Secretary's old Mercury Sable with a door nail dead battery, I somehow toasted the sensitive electronics in my car new car. Never ran right thereafter.
And I made the GND point the last connexion on an engine bracket in her car. IDK.

Never again.
What year car?
Most things from the 90s and early 00s aren't that sensitive. Unless it's a Mercedes

What year car?
Most things from the 90s and early 00s aren't that sensitive. Unless it's a Mercedes
I think it was a Suzuki sport wagon 2.3l around 2005. Looked like a rolling toaster. I was probably sparking around trying to get a better GND on her car with my engine running - trying to hear my alternator go under a hard load.

always go with OFC over CCA. i built my set out of 1/0 welding cable with clamps from amazon that have a copper strap inbetween both sides. in most cases CCA of a certain gauge is equivalent to the next size down in gauge of OFC.

Haha thanks this is the GOAT however i like having cables as a sure fire option. Packs have to be charged sadly
Another battery that will degrade with time. You store it in your car and its performance will be worse in the cold, and it will age faster and become a safety hazard in the hot. Then, you pummel this tiny battery with a big spike and they can get damaged (not that one necessarily cares when the car isn’t starting).

My jumper cables are a decade old or more, I even have a set that’s 45+ years old. No degradation.

Cables are dinosaur equipment.

81xqDuZfiJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Doesn't work in the cold.

always go with OFC over CCA. i built my set out of 1/0 welding cable with clamps from amazon that have a copper strap inbetween both sides. in most cases CCA of a certain gauge is equivalent to the next size down in gauge of OFC.
100% i totally agree however i wanted to add that the lowes $28 set is 16 foot and 2 guage which is probably cca.
for that price and length i dont think there is a better buy anywhere else. 2 gauge cca must be as good as 4g cca which should start most vehicles.

however anyone needing 100% reliability + jumping more heavy duty vehicles then i totally agree with the welding cable or super low gauge copper cable idea - that would be the best but just so pricey now a days

Back