Recommendations for fully copper 6 gauge jumper cables? Or 4 gauge CCA ?

Hey all, looking for recommendations for a 6 gauge jumper cable set for a good price? I want to preferably find a pure copper one as i believe most come as CCA. I also read a 6 gauge copper would be similar to a 4 gauge CCA? But correct me if i am wrong.

I don’t jump diesels or etc so was thinking 6g copper with a decent length is probably good enough

However i also don’t wanna spend like $50 on a set so I’m not even sure if i can get a 6g copper for a decent price

Also what local stores are good to get a set from?

Your best bet would be to go to a welding supply shop, buy 25' of 6AWG welding cable in red and black, get some good alligator clamps from McMaster, and make your own. Not gonna be cheaper than $50, though, even without a storage bag.

#6 welding cable don't come cheap, it is a relative bargain compared to #4. Make the set at least 10' for utility's sake.

Lowes seems to have these 2 gauge 16 foot for like $28
It def won’t be pure copper but I Dont see why a 2 gauge CCA can’t be at least as good or better then a 6 gauge copper, unless I’m mistaken so plz correct me if I’m wrong

I don’t think there is a better buy then this unless someone else can link

I like the longer length too

8ADAB9B5-7A27-4479-B77D-DCE989B3E16D.jpeg

looks
Lowes seems to have these 2 gauge 16 foot for like $28
It def won’t be pure copper but I Dont see why a 2 gauge CCA can’t be at least as good or better then a 6 gauge copper, unless I’m mistaken so plz correct me if I’m wrong

I don’t think there is a better buy then this unless someone else can link

I like the longer length too

View attachment 209240
Looks like a deal. I like the rubber jacket on welding cable more than this thermoplastic but how often are you going to use them. 16' seems excessive for most jumps and you will have current drop for this length but #2 wire should compensate for it.

looks

Looks like a deal. I like the rubber jacket on welding cable more than this thermoplastic but how often are you going to use them. 16' seems excessive for most jumps and you will have current drop for this length but #2 wire should compensate for it.
Ty I agree the 2 gauge seems like a good buy with the length

I just want atleast 12 foot just incase I need a jump one day and it’s a wierd position

I went to go check out that cable and seems like a heavy cable. Not sure if it’s actually 2 gauge but it did feel heavy. Probably the Best Buy for the price

Your best bet would be to go to a welding supply shop, buy 25' of 6AWG welding cable in red and black, get some good alligator clamps from McMaster, and make your own. Not gonna be cheaper than $50, though, even without a storage bag.
Lots of folks sell it on eBay.

Thats correct. If you are using pure copper it doesn't have to be as thick.

People like those really thick cables, but in reality you are buying a wire made out of Chinesium.

Last edited:
Thats correct. If you are using pure copper it doesn't have to be as thick.

People like those really thick cables, but in reality you are buying a wire made out of Chinesium.
Yeah fair that lowes one 16 foot for $28 + it’s apparently 2 gauge cca
It’s a beefy cable doesn’t seem like there can be a better buy then that

Real, highly flexible, copper welding cable in #2 sizes with a rubber jacket runs about $4 a foot. So just the cable without ends will be a hundred bucks for 12' set. Somehow these less expensive premade jumper cables with #2 conductors are using a cost saving shortcut or two.

Real, highly flexible, copper welding cable in #2 sizes with a rubber jacket runs about $4 a foot. So just the cable without ends will be a hundred bucks for 12' set. Somehow these less expensive premade jumper cables with #2 conductors are using a cost saving shortcut or two.
Yeah make sense i think the main stream ones are all CCA which is probably a fraction of the price compared to copper cables which is why we can find cables for a decent price

Haha thanks this is the GOAT however i like having cables as a sure fire option. Packs have to be charged sadly
I have a NOCO GB40. It’s been in my truck for over a year. I’ve jumped 3 cars during that time with it, and the battery is still 75% charged. You can even charge it with regular USB; toss it in the center console and leave it plugged in. It’s way less tedious than cables and works like a dream.

I have a NOCO GB40. It’s been in my truck for over a year. I’ve jumped 3 cars during that time with it, and the battery is still 75% charged. You can even charge it with regular USB; toss it in the center console and leave it plugged in. It’s way less tedious than cables and works like a dream.

I got a jump charger in all my cars. I love these boxes.

Back