Recommend synthetic 0w-20 for BRZ / FRS / FA20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ayrton
Gorgeous car. Love the white & black. Don't know why someone would choose the Scion version over the Subaru, but that is probably my own prejudice and preference for Subarus.

I think, in particular, the first oil change is nice to get done a bit early like you're doing.

It sounds like you've made your oil choice. I still love Mobil products as well, but it looks nice in your service book to use the OEM products for resale value too. It's comforting to buyers and a proven product.

Enjoy that first oil change. It's fun times!

Thank you! I bought the Subaru as I wanted the extra features like the HIDs, heated seats, climate control and Navi. For the small premium in price I'd much rather that than try and deal with aftermarket HIDs etc.

Glad to hear the Toyota oil is made my Mobil. It's significantly cheaper than Mobil up here!

Just curious about Toyota branded oil. I can buy Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 at Wally World for $5.69 per quart, or just under $26 for a five quart jug. I just called the local Toyota dealer and their 0W-20 is $7.08/quart. Is Toyota's version of M1 better to the tune of $10 per oil change? It's not a lot of money for me so I'm just asking. My plan was to use M1 due to the ease of purchase. The main reason I am not considering Mazda's 0W-20 is that the dealership is not in a very convenient location.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Just curious about Toyota branded oil. I can buy Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20 at Wally World for $5.69 per quart, or just under $26 for a five quart jug. I just called the local Toyota dealer and their 0W-20 is $7.08/quart. Is Toyota's version of M1 better to the tune of $10 per oil change? It's not a lot of money for me so I'm just asking. My plan was to use M1 due to the ease of purchase. The main reason I am not considering Mazda's 0W-20 is that the dealership is not in a very convenient location.

It has a higher VI. AFE is 173 and Toyota is 214. It will be better for cold starts. It's the lightest ow-20 next to Sustina. I switched awhile ago. It's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back