Ravenol VST 5W-40 Spring '22 Production VOA

See attached. PAO + AN/POE full-SAPs Euro oil meeting BMW LL01, MB 229.5, Porsche A40, and VW 502/505. Makes use of Tungsten (not on report), which is a bit avant-garde. According to their spec sheet TBN starts at 10.5.

VST 5W-40 VOA.jpg

Love the stuff in the MB.
Liked it a LOT better before the 35% price increase!

Just saw your thread on that, huge disappointment. This stuff was an absurd bargain at ~$55 per 5L jug when bought in bulk. Will be switching to HPL Euro when my stash is depleted. We go the full 10-11k mile computer OCI on all our cars, and prefer to standardize on something slightly overkill for peace of mind.

Here's a 10.5k OCI UOA on our X5 for anyone interested. Sadly a different production batch than this VOA, but still insightful and proves it can go the distance.

Just saw your thread on that, huge disappointment. This stuff was an absurd bargain at ~$55 per 5L jug when bought in bulk. Will be switching to HPL Euro when my stash is depleted. We go the full 10-11k mile computer OCI on all our cars, and prefer to standardize on something slightly overkill for peace of mind.

Here's a 10.5k OCI UOA on our X5 for anyone interested. Sadly a different production batch than this VOA, but still insightful and proves it can go the distance.
Thanks for the link to the UAO. I had the forethought to purchase a couple of (annual) oil changes worth of the VST, and glad that I did. As you have observed, the inside of the valve covers on the MB look like new, but it's basically still new anyway @ 14,000 miles.
This engine uses no oil at all, but does a lot of very short trips. I don't think that makes too much difference though here in Florida. I'm certain that my fuel dilution will be much higher however. If it weren't for that, I'd probably run this oil TWO years!

Yes, Ravenol prices have gone up a lot in the last few years and Blauparts doesn’t have flash sales or discounts anymore.

Back in 2019 I got (3) 5L jugs of Ravenol NDT 5w40 for $35 each. Now it’s almost $60 per jug. *** 8% inflation my ass.

Iron, nickel and aluminum from other oils previously processed on the same analysis machine?

Otherwise, looks stout. Thanks for the VOA.

How do you know it’s got AN & POE in it? Don’t see anything on description or PDS? Thanks!

Ravenol's German website has a lot of technical information in various places. Their "CleanSynto" branding indicates the use of AN, POE, or a combination of both. Naturally they don't publish the amounts- but anything CleanSynto will have some. Even if VST specifically has very little it's still clearly sufficient to clean my dirty junkyard engine.

Reactions: JXW
Back