Raikkonen threatens to skip final races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It is too bad they couldn't figure out a way for Alexander Rossi or Conor Daly to get a FIA Super License at least for this weekend. How cool would it be to have a US driver driving for Lotus in the US Grand Prix?

Was Mario the last U.S. citizen to drive for Lotus?

I think he was. If anything it would have been an awesome PR move to get people to watch the race. Unfortunately they are literally going up against the NASCAR finale directly.

People are crazy to think a driver would just walk to another team for the last two races of the year... Besides the contracts and sponsor issues that driver would also destroy their reputation.

As it has turned out, Lotus decided to put Heikki Kovaleinen in the car for the last two races. Heikki made a wonderful performance today in USGP qualifying, making it all the way to Q3 and qualifying 8th.

Yes, but considering Heikki's absence from racing and not being familiar with the Lotus it is a rather good result, too.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Didn't he once threaten/say that he was going to leave the 'circus' at some point and try his hand at his country's fave motor sport (WRC/Euro Championship rallying) a la Kubica, or am I thinking of someone else??

He drove in WRC for a couple of years but didn't reach the level he did in F1 so he came back to F1.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up back in WRC at some later point in his career when he feels bored with F1 again.

What a dreadful F1 season: started out not quite dreadful but ended in a fizzle.
Actually looking forward to watching old man Montoya drive for Penske next year...! I used to LOVE JPM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back