Raikkonen threatens to skip final races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
And I agree the press and pundits have misrepresented Kimi's situation.

It just seems that everyone on the air is way too afraid of offending Bernie or the teams. An interesting radio exchange is obviously much more interesting than someone not getting paid. The former allows them to paint it as Kimi being petty or childish, when the truth is that there's no reason for him to work for free.

Lotus had better be careful. The points race in which they're in is rather close. In fact, it's close enough that I'd rather have Kimi onside rather than staying home. This is not the time of year nor do they have the position to annoy him and have to run a reserve driver.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Probably him leaving the team at end of season has something to do with it, but what happened to living up to your responsibilities?

I don't know about you, but if I hadn't gotten a paycheck all year, I might not bother going to work either.

I should clarify...I was talking about the responsibilities of his employer!! I am on Mr. Raikkonen's side here.

The best thing Kimi can do is run the final races, and let the lawyers handle the rest. If he doesn't race, he could would also be breaching his contract, giving Lotus an out.

If Kimi does drive and scores points to help Lotus finish as high as possible in the Constructors Championship, that makes it a lot easier for him to get paid. Higher placings in the Constructors points means more money for the team. But I'm on Kimi's side. If he hasn't been paid all year, Lotus must somehow be in breach of contract. And it isn't badminton they're playing out there; Kimi could get seriously hurt or killed in a crash. Lotus should respect the risk he is taking and pay him a reasonable proportion of his contractually-agreed salary.

Let's have a fan survey about whom to replace him with for USA and Brazil: I suggest sticking in Kubica for the smashing publicity. But 'Hulk' might be more realistic and most fair...

IMHO an F1 driver needs two hands and Kubica's other one is not OK.

I believe that Lotus test driver Davide Valsecchi will drive in last two races.

Originally Posted By: Tosh
Let's have a fan survey about whom to replace him with for USA and Brazil: I suggest sticking in Kubica for the smashing publicity. But 'Hulk' might be more realistic and most fair...

Hulkenberg would be my choice.

Originally Posted By: Finn
IMHO an F1 driver needs two hands and Kubica's other one is not OK.

According to the latest I read from an inteview with RK himself, he thinks he could drive every F1 track except Monaco...

That is a remarkable recovery. The F1 - and MotoGP too - seems to be for youngsters nowadays then perhaps rallying is best suited for RK now. And maybe the GT series as well.

Well, today I read another RK interview where he is a bit less optimistic about any F1 driving. Quite pessimistic, actually...

So there are four candidates for Kimi's seat in USA and Brazil: Valsecchi, F1 super-villain Maldonado, Hulk (Sauber say 'no'), and Heikki...

I say of these three (assuming Hulk won't swap early), PM would get the most points for Lotus, while I would prefer to see what Heikki can do these days...

Last edited:
It is too bad they couldn't figure out a way for Alexander Rossi or Conor Daly to get a FIA Super License at least for this weekend. How cool would it be to have a US driver driving for Lotus in the US Grand Prix?

I was wrong with my prediction that Valsecchi would drive the other Lotus.

It will be world's fastest Heikki in the remaining two races.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It is too bad they couldn't figure out a way for Alexander Rossi or Conor Daly to get a FIA Super License at least for this weekend. How cool would it be to have a US driver driving for Lotus in the US Grand Prix?

Was Mario the last U.S. citizen to drive for Lotus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back