Raikkonen threatens to skip final races

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wanted him to drive for a certain amount. They're not paying him that amount....so I agree, good for him.

Probably him leaving the team at end of season has something to do with it, but what happened to living up to your responsibilities?

Pay him the rest of his contract...then he'll drive the last 2 races. Simple.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Probably him leaving the team at end of season has something to do with it, but what happened to living up to your responsibilities?

I don't know about you, but if I hadn't gotten a paycheck all year, I might not bother going to work either.

Yes Kimi is of course right.
Being told to "get out of the fuc@ing way" on the radio last week-end for all to hear was pretty disgraceful on Lotus' part. I guess it was Grosjean's engineer that made the remark?

BTW do we know is replacing Kimi at Lotus?

Lotus has really soured me with this. Bad PR for sure. RedBull will continue to dominate while other teams mire in disorganization.

That was Alan Permane, who is Lotus Trackside Operations Director.

The news around the matter on this side of the big pond are not that harsh and it looks like Mr Lopez and Mr Räikkönen have normal relations and have discussed matters. It has been reported that he was supposed to show only on Friday. Definitely some tension, though.

Originally Posted By: fxrider
I hope Team McLaren & Jensen Button get there act together this year..

It would be a little late for that at this point. A couple good drives by Force India could leave Mclaren in 6th place in the Constructors' Championship.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
...on the radio last week-end for all to hear was pretty disgraceful on Lotus' part. I guess it was Grosjean's engineer that made the remark?

BTW do we know is replacing Kimi at Lotus?

Well, he made it to practice this weekend, albeit a little late. I understand the issue about pay, but he's the last person to be able to complain about getting a blasting on the radio. He enjoys being a bigmouth on the radio, and just got a little back. I think the little exchange on the radio was a nice smokescreen for the non-payment issue. During Practice 2, on commentary, they talked about the exchange relentless. Non-payment conveniently got ignored. Even the late showing was blamed on the exchange. Right....

They haven't revealed the replacement yet, but during Practice 2, where one of their reserve drivers was present on commentary, there was speculation about it being Pastor Maldonado.

Bigmouth? Complaining? He did not complain. He said to Mr Permane to stop shouting and that's it.

Given the financial situation of Lotus it'll probably be a driver who will bring in a hefty sponsorship package.

Mr Grosjean is allegedly backed by Total so I don't know how Mr Maldonado + PDVSA would fit. Unless PDVSA stays with Williams?

This has nothing to do with Kimi's attitude and big mouth. The simple truth is that he hasn't been paid all year, and he's sick of it.

Originally Posted By: Finn
Bigmouth? Complaining? He did not complain. He said to Mr Permane to stop shouting and that's it.

What I mean is that Kimi customarily has little exchanges over the air. I didn't think it was a big deal, Kimi likely didn't either, and I think the media made much more of an issue out of it than anyone else did. Even today, they're still talking about how he gave his engineer heck last year for bothering him on the radio. And yes, the speculation is that PDVSA would follow Pastor, but everyone's speculation over the last few weeks has been incredibly self-serving.

@dparm: That's what I meant. The whole radio exchange thing has been a convenient smokescreen for the real problem here. I didn't hear one mention of the pay issues during P2, even though they mentioned he was late. They sure talked up the radio exchanges, though. Unless someone read an independent report, if you only watched the practice, you'd definitely be under the impression that he showed up late because of their radio remarks last weekend. That paints Kimi in an unfair light because it doesn't tell anything remotely resembling the real story.

I didn't know any better until the link in this thread. I knew there was a pay issue for a while already, but I didn't think it had grown to be such a problem. Not showing up for work because you got heck from management or even a coworker is childish. Not showing up for work because you didn't get paid is normal procedure. The on air personalities have been very disingenuous in this whole issue, and completely unfair to Kimi.

Yep, I would have done exactly what Kimi's done.
The issue of his pay or lack thereof has obviously been brewing but from Kimi's view point he must continue to drive with good results while he looks for something better and he found it with Ferrari. Good for him!
Now it doesn't matter as much whether he finishes out the season, his future is secure.

And I agree the press and pundits have misrepresented Kimi's situation.

Didn't he once threaten/say that he was going to leave the 'circus' at some point and try his hand at his country's fave motor sport (WRC/Euro Championship rallying) a la Kubica, or am I thinking of someone else??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Didn't he once threaten/say that he was going to leave the 'circus' at some point and try his hand at his country's fave motor sport (WRC/Euro Championship rallying) a la Kubica, or am I thinking of someone else??

As long as he doesn't go to NASCAR, because we all know what happened with JPM...

Originally Posted By: fxrider
I hope Team McLaren & Jensen Button get there act together this year..

Maybe next year or 2015

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

28.gif
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back