R.I.P. 01rangerxl, Alan

Horrible news.
He was a good guy. We had several conversations on the forum throughout the years.
RIP.

His FB last shows working at Serra Chevrolet in Birmingham, AL. If someone can call that would be awesome. His last name was Gerard. We've been busy today at work so I haven't been able to get a proper amount of time to call. I think they had a Kia dealer associated with them as well as he mentioned doing Kia parts also.
Yes, I work there. He passed on Nov 28th, he would have turn 36 this month.

Yes, I work there. He passed on Nov 28th, he would have turn 36 this month.
Yes, if there is a place to send flowers or donations please let us know. I chatted with a gentleman who worked with him last night, but he wasn't sure of what was happening. Thank you very much for any help, we really appreciate it.

Awfully young man to have died.
It is always very sad when someone dies at a young age from whatever cause.
Not so bad when one dies after a long and full life.
I wish him peace and peace as well to the family and friends he's left behind,

Yes, if there is a place to send flowers or donations please let us know. I chatted with a gentleman who worked with him last night, but he wasn't sure of what was happening. Thank you very much for any help, we really appreciate it.
There is a memorial ser
I asked his uncle and waiting to hear back. There is going to be a memorial gathering here, but he is going back to his home state for his resting place. I will tell the family about all the parts and Ford Ranger folks who are sending their prayers and love

He was rushed to the hospital with liver and kidney failure. He was on life support for maybe 8-9 hours. I heard from his mom who thanked everyone for the wishes. I will post a screenshot when I have time to edit the names out.

Being perfectly candid… I don’t think people randomly suffer renal and liver failure out of the clear blue…. Not happening like that.

Some severe event or extraordinary medical condition caused that.

I feel bad for his family and friends.. That’s a very, very, very hard circumstance to face. Here one day… gone the next and at a younger age too.

Last edited:
Being perfectly candid… I don’t think people randomly suffer renal and liver failure out of the clear blue…. Not happening like that.

Some severe event or extraordinary medical condition caused that.

I feel bad for his family and friends.. That’s a very, very, very hard circumstance to face. Here one day… gone the next and at a younger age too.

I had a colleague with chronic back pain. She treated it with over the counter NSAID-s. One Saturday she was rushed to the hospital, fell into a comma and died the next day from liver failure.

Since them I am very careful with pain med dosage.

I had a colleague with chronic back pain. She treated it with over the counter NSAID-s. One Saturday she was rushed to the hospital, fell into a comma and died the next day from liver failure.

Since them I am very careful with pain med dosage.
Especially Tylenol/acetaminophen. It's easy to take too much per day, especially if combined with OTC cold&flu meds. And Ibuprofen/Advil is hard on your kidneys. Especially important to keep tabs on your intake of NSAIDs if you're a drinker.

As an example of 'what just happened here', I was hospitalized for what later turned out to be lymphoma. The 3rd day, the doc on the floor decided to switch me to Toradol (what they use in pro sports to play through injury) as a replacement for the opiates I was receiving. Worked great, probably better than the hydrocodone. But...cause there's always a but...after 3 doses, I was in acute renal failure. Let me tell you, I got my opiates back real quick. Lol. Took about a month for my kidneys to recover. If you've never been on a renal diet, don't. Everything is bland (no salt at all). Take care of your guts, guys!

Sorry for the rant/derail. I hope this member's family all the best. It truly hurts to lose family and friends in their prime of life.

Back