Quaker State Defy vs ZDDP additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really good value. This oil is $4.44 qt. 50% grp III according to SOPUS tech line.

I just picked some up, $18.99 for 5 litres; I bought NAPA's last two jugs of 5w-30. That's 42% off their normally overinflated price. I should have told the guy it would sell better if they actually had it on the shelf, in the empty space marked for it, rather than letting it languish in the back, necessitating me to ask for it. It's not like they were run off their feet.

I did have an interesting conversation with the guy though. He asked me twice if I was sure I wanted 5w-30 and didn't really want 10w-30 instead. I bit my tongue rather than inform him that there are plenty of choices for high ZDDP oils in 10w-30 HDEOs, and if I wanted a 10w-30, I'd be buying from my usual parts guy, where Rotella 10w-30 is right on the shelf.

He was young enough that I'm sure he's never actually owned a vehicle that specifies 10w-30.

havent visit the forum for a while and most know defy is my favore oil, but kinda disapoint on the zddp level, but i dont own a jeep 4.0 any more, so zddp is meaning less now, it still my favore oil though
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I just picked some up, $18.99 for 5 litres; I bought NAPA's last two jugs of 5w-30. That's 42% off their normally overinflated price.

I know I should not rub this in your face. But WM here has Defy for this price with a Fram TG filter. But I am happy you were able to get a good deal in Canada for once.

Yeah, I know. That's about the best price I can expect. When Walmart has a rollback on it, and they will, it won't be much better than that. I should take the NAPA flyer to Walmart and make them sell me more at that price.
wink.gif

Seriously, though, I wonder how much Defy NAPA sells up here at the "normal" price of close to $40? I can get a jug of Mobil 1 up here for $5 less any day of the week, and that's at a grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back