purolator Synthetic Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should rephrase: "People who have feel the need to correct other peoples' spelling on a chat board have some kind of issue."

Who cares if someone spells a word wrong once and awhile, or can't seem to write as well as someone thinks they should? As long as you know what they mean does it really matter to you or anyone else? This is a chat board, not an English class.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Maybe I should rephrase: "People who have feel the need to correct other peoples' spelling on a chat board have some kind of issue."

Who cares if someone spells a word wrong once and awhile, or can't seem to write as well as someone thinks they should? As long as you know what they mean does it really matter to you or anyone else? This is a chat board, not an English class.
wink.gif

To briefly answer your question, john1944 cares. However, I agree with you that the meaning takes precedence. Congrats on a well written reply, Zee0Six.

Last edited:
I find good spelling and grammar is something you are either born with or you're not. My father is extremely smart and successful but his spelling is terrible.

Nothing wrong in caring about spelling. However, I do think it's wrong to characterize a member who cares about spelling as having "some kind of issue".

Poor grammar and poor spelling, either combined or individually, are causing real issues for readers. There have been a fair number of posts that I've had to re-read several times to understand them correctly. Those who are careless with their spelling and grammar should know that they run the risk of being misunderstood.

It's a petty and pointless act to point out somebody's spelling mistakes, and only focuses attention to someone with a bigger issue. If someone isn't talented enough to comprehend someone's comments with a few spelling errors, then they shouldn't be participating on a chat board. If people want to "care about spelling", then they should just care about their you own.

If people want to "care about spelling", then they should just care about their you own.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. You're grandma is rong.

Pavlov was rite ...
20.gif
. Not to get off topic too much here, but I thought this was an interesting read.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28900351/ns/...e/#.T7PaAcpXbDk

Back to on-topic. I think I'll pick-up a Purolator PLS when I can find them on sale or on rebate and try one. I'd bet they flow even better than the PureOne being they have the wire backed full synthetic media.

Zee: john1944 wasn't correcting your spelling. So why get involved and say that he has "some kind of issue"? The poster he corrected didn't react as aggressively as you did.

Don't you realize that your own line of argument equally applies to you? You felt the need to pull up john1944 when he wasn't saying anything to you. Why is that? Why are you always telling posters what they can and cannot post? Perhaps you have "some kind of issue"? Maybe you were slow at school and your spelling was always corrected, and you still carry that humiliation with you, but that's no excuse to accuse members of having "some kind of issue".

That's just disrespectful to other posters and you should cease your anti-social behavior.

In fact, I've seen you correct other posters all the time, and you've posted some weird things in the past, like this gem:

A good manipulator can make someone paranoid, who will then wonder and try to determine if they have been manipulate by the real manipulator. Then the manipulated will try to manipulate the real manipulator, and even claim they have done so in their own mind, but where actually the one still being manipulated without even realizing it through their own weaknesses and pitfalls.

Originally Posted By: colt45
Nothing wrong in caring about spelling. However, I do think it's wrong to characterize a member who cares about spelling as having "some kind of issue".

Poor grammar and poor spelling, either combined or individually, are causing real issues for readers. There have been a fair number of posts that I've had to re-read several times to understand them correctly. Those who are careless with their spelling and grammar should know that they run the risk of being misunderstood.

Thanks for your reply, colt45.

Originally Posted By: BrianT
Zee: john1944 wasn't correcting your spelling. So why get involved and say that he has "some kind of issue"? The poster he corrected didn't react as aggressively as you did.
Don't you realize that your own line of argument equally applies to you? You felt the need to pull up john1944 when he wasn't saying anything to you. Why is that? Why are you always telling posters what they can and cannot post? Perhaps you have "some kind of issue"? Maybe you were slow at school and your spelling was always corrected, and you still carry that humiliation with you, but that's no excuse to accuse members of having "some kind of issue".
That's just disrespectful to other posters and you should cease your anti-social behavior.
In fact, I've seen you correct other posters all the time, and you've posted some weird things in the past, like this gem:

A good manipulator can make someone paranoid, who will then wonder and try to determine if they have been manipulate by the real manipulator. Then the manipulated will try to manipulate the real manipulator, and even claim they have done so in their own mind, but where actually the one still being manipulated without even realizing it through their own weaknesses and pitfalls.

Thanks for your reply, BrianT

back on topic:

when i checked the specs for the P1 it said 99% at 20 microns the synthetic media said 99% at 25 microns. I personally have run a P1 23600 miles and cut it open and it was spotless. i was using Amsoil signature series and that was over 20 months. I am sticking to the P1 just don't see a need for synthetic media.

ZeeOSix:

Totally off the subject, for which I apologize, but I thoroughly enjoyed your linked article. This quote, in particular, made my day: "The 350,000-member Facebook group "I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar” encourages its members to 'seek out the infidels (grammar offenders) and … document their acts of terror. [Emphasis added.] Take pictures and post them in this group to serve as examples to all.'”

Now that's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back