Purolator Oil filter=High oil psi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purolator Premium plus.
offtopic.gif
I was to understand they flow better that the Pure One being the Pure One is more restrictive. I ran a Purolator Premium plus for the first time on my truck with Schaffer (first time) after 2200 miles it went down almost a pint. This truck has never used oil before except when it developed a leak.I always used Pure one filters and OEM till now. I do not have a gague on it for oil pressure but can the higher pressure cause the useage. I am going back to the Pure One next change anyway or a NAPA Gold.
grin.gif

Could your gauge be a little bit non linear? That, say 5psi increase in real pressure might read something else on the gauge, and that it might be more accurate at the top end than at lower pressures?

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:
I notice this filter from the Purolator web site does not have a pressure relief valve. Wonder what that means? I would guess it means the pressure relief valve is part of the engine. This may help explain things?

The bypass valve for this engine is built into the oil filter mount.

I don't think it much matters how restrictive the oil filter is towards the oil pressure reading as long as the pump bypass is closed. All the oil that the pump is pumping will be going through the filter regardless and oil pressure is created from restriction downstream of the filter. The only logical conclusion is that the pressure tap is before the oil filter?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back