Purolator L14477 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Another good looking filter that DIDN'T tear.

You need glasses brother. That is far from a "good looking filter".
Perhaps there is a "gold standard" for good looking filters we can go by from now on.

Not rocket science. But here you go:

Straight, even, tight pleating that has 0 tears.

This filter has 1 out of 4.

In the academic world that's 25%, or by letter grade not quite an F-:

http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~tjconnol/percentages.htm

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
congrats on opening the filter without tearing it. the vast majority of reported tears were because of amateurs damaging the media in the process.

The vast majority of BITOG members should add you to their ignore list for such a ridiculous comment.

congrats on opening the filter without tearing it. the vast majority of reported tears were because of amateurs damaging the media in the process.

The vast majority of BITOG members should add you to their ignore list for such a ridiculous comment.

I would never do such a thing.

I need a good laugh to start and finish my day.

There is an ignore list? I didn't know that. It seems ridiculous that a forum would even have one of those. this is were I come daily for a good laugh, why would I ignore anyone!

There is an ignore list? I didn't know that. It seems ridiculous that a forum would even have one of those. this is were I come daily for a good laugh, why would I ignore anyone!

Speaking of a good laugh..
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

happy2.gif

I know, where has z06 been lately?

happy2.gif

Probably making a tower out of all his Fram ultra boxes.

I have a good fort going on myself.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Another good looking filter that DIDN'T tear.

You need glasses brother. That is far from a "good looking filter".
Perhaps there is a "gold standard" for good looking filters we can go by from now on.

Not rocket science. But here you go:

Straight, even, tight pleating that has 0 tears.

This filter has 1 out of 4.

In the academic world that's 25%, or by letter grade not quite an F-:

http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/~tjconnol/percentages.htm

And that affects filtering how?

Probably making a tower out of all his Fram ultra boxes. I have a good fort going on myself.

x2:

Sby75M.jpg

kN4EZZ.jpg

Correction, the vast majority ofBITOG members care little of what you care about. Ponder that one over friend.

Correction, the vast majority ofBITOG members care little of what you care about. Ponder that one over friend.

I am pretty sure anyone who experienced a Purolator failure would agree too.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Probably making a tower out of all his Fram ultra boxes. I have a good fort going on myself.

x2:

Sby75M.jpg

kN4EZZ.jpg

That is a nice looking fort! Who makes filters for Ford? Oh yeah that's right....Purolator!
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: jfking106
You people are insane.

Don't you live in the state that brought us honey boo boo? And we are insane...?
crackmeup2.gif

That is a nice looking fort! Who makes filters for Ford? Oh yeah that's right....Purolator!
cool.gif

Yes...that is right, Purolator does make them to Ford specifications. However, they no longer serve the length of my OCIs, so I have a new FRAM Ultra fort in process and this fort will be torn down.
grin.gif

... or perhaps your supervisor at the Fram corporation
confused.gif

LoL ... I had him go fire up the FU machine.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Sorry OP, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Good looking filter, I look forward to seeing the next one!

I don't believe the OP will think that you have hijacked this thread ... you're just contributing to these threads on BITOG with your ideas/opinions/facts/advice/etc., which you have the right to do like everyone else on here. I have seen this referred to as "chiming in" ... well, you have the right to do that just the same as anyone else, and there are plenty on here who do their fair share of "chiming in" (some more than others). So, there shouldn't be any complaints from anyone.

By the way OP, thank you for the effort you made in posting these pics.

You forgot to add that nobody takes his advice or agrees with him, except for a couple other 6-sigma dudes.
wink.gif

Probably making a tower out of all his Fram ultra boxes.

I have a good fort going on myself.

LOL ... I've only used 2 in my life but will be gettin' more to replace the Tearolators when those are gone ... just like 75% of the ex-Puro boys have done.
grin.gif

Chill folks...

The OCOD, White Purolator, and e-core are just fine for the lawn tractor, and beater car.

If you run more than 3,000 or a year between changes, you can move up to a Toughguard or PureOne...

If you want the best, a Fram Ultra or Purolator Synthetic, or equivilent...

The 14477 comes a L14477, PL14477, and PSL14476...

The choice is yours, some people swear by some filters, some people swear at sone filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back