PureOne gasket failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Also, RE filter storage life, I interviewed a number of filter experts that agreed with a 3-5 year timeframe in normal circumstances, shorter in humid situations (due to cellulose media not doing well in humid environments long term). Most would agree that is good, dry temperature stable storage, there is no reason why you couldn't go lots longer. I have experimented with using a Foodsaver to vacuum pack filters and more or less put them in "suspended animation." In that case, I would think storage life would be nearly unlimited.

Thanks for that explanation Jim. It makes a lot of sense. Temperature and humidity fluctuation for cellulose would be problematic over time. Perhaps FRAM fiber endcaps could also suffer.

I keep my filters in the attached garage, where the temp stays reasonably constant (I'm in CA). I suspect my 3 Mann fleece cartridges, won't suffer at all from temperature and humidity changes. But for my other vehicle, which takes spin on filters, and for which I have non synthetic filters, I think I'll use my older ones first, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back