Pureone 14610... 5K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jeepman
Originally Posted By: labman
100% of the $2.84 for an ST stays in this country.

32.gif
18.gif

+1000

broken_record.jpg

I know you hate to have me discuss Purolator's problems. Live with it.

The only "problems" they have live in biased thoughts.
wink.gif

Like I've said before, post up any link anywhere on the internet that shows a blown-out Purolator filter.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
I know you hate to have me discuss Purolator's problems. Live with it.

The only "problems" they have live in biased thoughts.
wink.gif

Like I've said before, post up any link anywhere on the internet that shows a blown-out Purolator filter.

Im going to send lab a case of P1s then he would have something!

there isnt one!

Oh yea yea seen that,i'd take that defect over the others anyday that ain't nutt'en.

media probably didn't get inserted into the glue properly,glitch in the assembly process.

I'm not so sure it leaked. We went through this and I posted pics and it appeared the media was abraded in that one area but was still sealed to the endcap.

A leak is a leak.

What about WIX and NAPA Golds that have no seal at all between the base end bypass valve and the media end cap ... those probably leak more than a little abraded media.
lol.gif

There was zero poof of any leakage, as there was zero proof that there was a hole there ... nothing like the solid proof of seeing a giant blow-out hole in multiple cases in E-scraps posted in this forum.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
I'm not so sure it leaked. We went through this and I posted pics and it appeared the media was abraded in that one area but was still sealed to the endcap.

I highly doubt it leaked from what i can see.

As long as you deny plain evidence, I guess there will never be a problem.

Evidence???? bwahahaha

Hmmm what failure would you want Labman in a filter?

(A)

2010_03_06_OF%20024%20%28Large%29.jpg

2010_03_06_OF%20028%20%28Large%29.jpg

or

(B)

030.jpg

i'll take little ol B any day!,whats your address?

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor

I'm not 100% buy American, but I don't think U.S. workers deserve to be knocked for expecting to make a living wage, especially when they can and do make products that compete effectively on the world market. Now the CEOs and upper management of those same companies making millions of dollars--that is a hard one to justify.

While I give American products every chance I can, I am not 100% buy American either. On a $3.50 filter, the labor may only be pennies. When I managed a factory, I saw product costs. My guys didn't get near what went to corporate over head and profit. That is why an assembled in Mexico NPS may be better for American than a Purolator made in America.

The big fancy houses the Wix, Champ, Fram, and Clarcor fat cats live in were built with American labor. The sawmills too.

US manufacturing labor ran about 4-7% of costs of production. About par with corporate profits. In my old company, something that was $40/lb (dye) had $0.50/direct variable labor and about the same in fixed indirect labor charged to it (maintenance, etc.). Keep in mind that, at peak, about 180 direct mouth breathing grunts were supported by 450 non "labor" (engineers, lab techs, chemists, accountants, buyers, salespersons, HR, administrative assistants,) ..all perfectly "deserving" of living wages ..while the guys handling the caustic, cleaning out the dust collectors, bag houses, dumping the pigments into the tubs

..were all low life's that didn't "deserve" to make a living and 100% responsible for the downfall of our standard of living through outsourcing off shore.
56.gif

I just want to point out that I have never heard of even one real quality problem with PureOne filters. I ahve personally held in my hand NAPA Gold, Fram, and other filters that had defects. Never a P1 with a defect.

Also, I have gone 10K on P1 with no observable loss in oil pressure on startup or otherwise.

D@#* good value.

Kaboomba

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ]in China, factory workers make less than $200/month and work 10 hrs a day 6 days a week (60 hour weeks)

The problem is then they turn around and sell the part here at 1st world prices. I'm not saying Chinese factor workers are doing well but $200/month in china probably goes as far as the $8-10 a lot of factory workers are getting now in the US. Besides there's very little labor in mass produced parts. Outsourcing is totally unecessary and harmful to the US economy. And of all the places to outsource to a lower labor country, why does it always have to be half way around the world in china?

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Nothing wrong with Chinese goods from Walmart (BTW, I am very pro Walmart, shareholder and customer for the past 20 years)
Without starting a war and locking up this fine thread...

Whats so bad about Walmart or China ??????
21.gif

You're joking, right? What's wrong with one of the worst corporations on the planet that treats their employees like [censored]?

What's so bad about Walmart? Watch this film and then ask yourself again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473107/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back