Pureone 14610... 5K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
So you wouldn't want great filtration specs in them 5K?

i know i would but thats me....

Me too. $6 for a good filter won't kill me.

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: labman
It is not like P1's never fail too.

Show me any link to a hard failure of a PureONE. Not some whimpy fuzz on a pleat that looks like the media is breaking up ... but a compete blow-out or implosion of the center tube or burst can or ???, etc.

If there is proof of such failures out there, I'd certainly be interested in having a look.

Do I have to hunt up soob's report? that was a clear failure to any rational person.

Show me any link to a hard failure of a PureONE. Not some whimpy fuzz on a pleat that looks like the media is breaking up ... but a compete blow-out or implosion of the center tube or burst can or ???, etc.

If there is proof of such failures out there, I'd certainly be interested in having a look.

Do I have to hunt up soob's report? that was a clear failure to any rational person.

Not even remotely close to a failure like an Escrap media implosion/blow-out.

More like a "clear failure" to any irrational person who's biased against Purolator for ethnic reasons.

I guess if no one can provide a link to some site somewhere it means it never has happened and never will happen.

Why are we discussing E-Core in this thread???????

SuperBusa, once again. the ST 7317 that i'm going back to is NOT, I repeat NOT an E-core.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silver02ex

We discuss Ecores in every thread.

SuperBusa, once again. the ST 7317 that i'm going back to is NOT, I repeat NOT an E-core.

For now anyway ... wait for the future.

For now anyway ... wait for the future.

Just about all of Champs (ST/STP/AC) >3in are E-core now. Plus E-core has been around for about 5 years. I'm sure there's a reason why the <3 has the same design. If it's going to go E-core, I think Champs would have done it by now. The last ST I picked up was made less than 3 weeks ago, and it's still the same design. Oh well, i don't care, i have enough ST to last me many years.

Last edited:
100% of the $2.84 for an ST stays in this country.

32.gif
18.gif

Except for the 40% that Walmart makes off the ST, that they use to purchase more Chinese made goods to stock their shelves. I'll stick with my Amazon.com purchased "made in North Carolina" PureOne's instead of doing anything to further the cause of the largest importer of Chinese goods in the of the world.

Besides, the Germans make great beer, and I'm okay if a few cents from my filter purchase are used to further any cause involving beer.

That PureOne looks great. Good quality filter. I agree, if the ST filter for my application were non-Ecore, I would go that route as well due to that attractive price.

More like a "clear failure" to any irrational person who's biased against Purolator for ethnic reasons.

Sehr gut gestellt, mein Freund
10.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jeepman
100% of the $2.84 for an ST stays in this country.

32.gif
18.gif

Except for the 40% that Walmart makes off the ST, that they use to purchase more Chinese made goods to stock their shelves. I'll stick with my Amazon.com purchased "made in North Carolina" PureOne's instead of doing anything to further the cause of the largest importer of Chinese goods in the of the world.

Besides, the Germans make great beer, and I'm okay if a few cents from my filter purchase are used to further any cause involving beer.

That PureOne looks great. Good quality filter. I agree, if the ST filter for my application were non-Ecore, I would go that route as well due to that attractive price.

Who needs good reasons?

No need for an expensive oil filter or worry about manufacturer's Beta ratios.
Just use a basic filter and you will get 10-15 years no problem out of that engine.

Nothing wrong with Chinese goods from Walmart (BTW, I am very pro Walmart, shareholder and customer for the past 20 years)
Without starting a war and locking up this fine thread...

Whats so bad about Walmart or China ??????
21.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Americans are better off for having foreign competition. Without it, we would be paying more for lower quality. Still, where things are equal, I will go American every chance I get.

The only bad thing about Chinese made oil filters is that the Delphi workers cannot make $20-30 an hour assembling oil filters anymore. In addition, China is just an easy target for them to use because no one else in this world deserves making $20-30 an hour assembling oil filters.

Americans are better off for having foreign competition. Without it, we would be paying more for lower quality. Still, where things are equal, I will go American every chance I get.

I'm surprised you'd say that. Are you turning a new leaf? I don't see how closing production here to make it in China or stuff made in China is higher quality.

Also someone else said that no one working mass producing oil filters deserve $20/hr. Well then if someone as productive as in mass production doesn't deserve that, then who does? And how much is a chinese filter or other product worth with 10 cents of labor? How much should American consumers pay for it since no one not even someone as productive as in mass production deserves say $20/hr
54.gif
. The last place on earth I'd buy an oil filter from is China if I have a choice. What isn't Mexico cheap enough labor cost?

Quote:
The only bad thing about Chinese made oil filters is that the Delphi workers cannot make $20-30 an hour assembling oil filters anymore. In addition, China is just an easy target for them to use because no one else in this world deserves making $20-30 an hour assembling oil filters

I don't know what filter makers in this country make, but Champ Labs, Wix, Purolator, and some others seem to be able to pay decent wages, and have decent working conditions, and still are able to produce a good product that competes price wise. Henry Ford, way back when, realized that if he paid workers a decent wage they would spend money on his products too. Besides, the real question is whether you get good value from your workers. In other words, the $20 per hour folks are probably a lot more productive than people making slave wages.

I'm not 100% buy American, but I don't think U.S. workers deserve to be knocked for expecting to make a living wage, especially when they can and do make products that compete effectively on the world market. Now the CEOs and upper management of those same companies making millions of dollars--that is a hard one to justify.

Exactly. Even if they were paying $20/hr for filter workers here, which I doubt they are, we are talking literally pennies in labor cost per filter. I'm sure most of the cost savings for the company producing in China are taxes and regulations, material quality etc related. But the main thing is all the cost savings is not passed on to the consumer, and is more than made up for in economic costs like trade deficit and lost job opportunities. Some people rightly so think it's a bum deal.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor

I'm not 100% buy American, but I don't think U.S. workers deserve to be knocked for expecting to make a living wage, especially when they can and do make products that compete effectively on the world market. Now the CEOs and upper management of those same companies making millions of dollars--that is a hard one to justify.

While I give American products every chance I can, I am not 100% buy American either. On a $3.50 filter, the labor may only be pennies. When I managed a factory, I saw product costs. My guys didn't get near what went to corporate over head and profit. That is why an assembled in Mexico NPS may be better for American than a Purolator made in America.

The big fancy houses the Wix, Champ, Fram, and Clarcor fat cats live in were built with American labor. The sawmills too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back