PU 5W-30, 9244 Mi, Tuned '08 Civic Si - Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the final UOA for my '08 Civic Si Sedan. This car was a joy to own, drive and modify but we had our fourth child last fall and my business keeps growing so I needed to make my 4Runner my daily driver, work truck, tow vehicle, etc. and bought a 2014 Honda Odyssey as the main family vehicle.

This run was the first run with Pennzoil Ultra, all others having been Platinum and I have done and posted UOAs for every OCI including the factory fill. About half-way through this OCI we moved to a new home and I didn't get my new solar panel system up and running until after I sold the vehicle so I was not preheating the engine with the block heater for the last 4-5k miles like I had been doing for a few years (possible explanation for the increase in Al and insolubles and decrease in viscosity but those numbers are so low anyway).

I had a one of the tuners from e-Tunez dial in my tune remotely via datalogs to the point that ignition timing and fuel values were amazingly good, ensuring that there was absolutely no knock that could be causing the higher-than-average Pb that I've seen for most of the life of the vehicle. At this point the only conclusion I can speculate on is that this specific engine just throws a little extra lead or that the legend that an aftermarket crank pulley which doesn't contain a harmonic balancer is causing the elevated Pb values. If I was keeping the vehicle I would have pulled the aftermarket pulley kit and install the stock components for the new OCI and see if Pb started to drop over time but that experiment won't be happening on my watch, oh well.

What an amazing engine! I ended up with a lifetime average of 34.X MPG, even with many of the miles being rural city, with trips less than 5 miles and summer high performance tires for the past 32k miles and plenty of trips over 8000 RPM (only on a warm engine).

Sorry that you had to sell the Civic, but congrats on your fourth child and your successful business. Yeah, those Si's are fun cars!

I also love the K20Z3, and the best manual on an affordable car ever.

Shame you had to sell... What was done to yours? I have plans to eventually supercharge mine, although I know a turbo could make more power, I just want something DDable and reliable.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I also love the K20Z3, and the best manual on an affordable car ever.

Shame you had to sell... What was done to yours? I have plans to eventually supercharge mine, although I know a turbo could make more power, I just want something DDable and reliable.

Main power mods were AEM CAI, Vibrant header with high-flow cat, Vibrant exhaust and what brings the mods alive is tuning with Hondata's Flashpro. 240 HP & 177 lbft at the wheels and passed smog here in California. On the handling side it was Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on 14 lb rims, Progress rear sway bar and Godspeed adjustable upper control arms so I could correct the minimum spec negative camber. Most of my modding was done to the car in 2008 so there are better components out there now but as it was my fuel injectors were within a few percent of 100% duty cycle so any more changes to cams, etc. would have required me to go to the next level to keep things safe and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back