Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Gas is cheap. Stop b&itching and take advantage!!!!!!

Exactly

^

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I just got some for $1.59. When was it that cheap?

The 90s.

Was 89 cents a gallon for a month or so in 2003.

This is kinda sorta just as good.

And it's gonna stay like this for awhile, thank you very much..

Gas went up about .20 a gallon at most stations around here over the weekend. I guess they are ready to make a few extra bucks on the holiday travelers.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Gas went up about .20 a gallon at most stations around here over the weekend. I guess they are ready to make a few extra bucks on the holiday travelers.

They still gotta gouge when they can...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Wait, wait, wait.. Gas companies price gouge?

Heresy!

Right now it's 1.60 here. I'm at half a tank so I will prob fill up since they'll prob raise it in a few days as an xmas present to us.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Right now it's 1.60 here. I'm at half a tank so I will prob fill up since they'll prob raise it in a few days as an xmas present to us.

More like today. Reset to $1.99 +/- .10 cents.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

More like today. Reset to $1.99 +/- .10 cents.

hmmmm, I'm in Cleveland of course in an hour it could be higher.

Yet gas prices are less than 2.00 a gallon national average.

What a dumb post.

lol..yea..that evil free market again.

We've been through this before...the oil industry doesn't operate in a free market...they operate in a cartel...

We've been through this before...the oil industry doesn't operate in a free market... they operate in a cartel...

Then why crude oil price is dropping the last 12-18 months to less than $40 a barrel ? Adjusted for inflation it is the lowest price in 11 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35152037

They should jack the price by 200% for the two week period surrounding Decemeber 25. It might cut down on highway fatalities.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

We've been through this before...the oil industry doesn't operate in a free market... they operate in a cartel...

Then why crude oil price is dropping the last 12-18 months to less than $40 a barrel ? Adjusted for inflation it is the lowest price in 11 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35152037

You're joking..........right?

Because demand is down and supply has increased to the point that producers have almost literally run out of storage. Just about every tank farm, every pipeline, and every seagoing oil tanker is full. When supply outstrips demand price goes down.

Thank American shale producers for that over supply. They started driving down the price with production, primarily out of the Bakken field.

Then the big players, the state owned monopolies that make up the OPEC cartel, like Saudi Arabia refused to cut production. Especially Saudi Arabia, who in fact have made it plain that they intend to shut down American shale production so they can get back to dictating the price of a bbl of crude, somewhere north of $100.00 a bbl.

The Exxons of the world have very little say in the price of crude and it's the price of crude that determines the price of gasoline.

I think anyone who doesn't understand this just isn't trying.

Larry

Grampi said many times "the oil industry doesn't operate in a free market... they operate in a cartel"

If the oil industry operates in a cartel mode then we never see crude oil price dropping from $140 few years ago to less than $40 now.

Crude oil is a world commodity, price is usually determined by supply and demand. High supply low demand equals lower price, opposite will raise price.

OPEC does influence the price of oil when demand is stable and high, they can lower supply to raise price or increase supply to lower price. But as of late demand is weak so manipulating supply doesn't go anywhere.

I think some of you guys are sitting in rocking chairs and just love to complain. Gas is the cheapest it's been in a long time. Why not just enjoy it??????

We've been through this before...the oil industry doesn't operate in a free market...they operate in a cartel...

This quote is most insane and hilarious I've seen on this board.

We're taking full advantage of it! I think we've put about 1000 miles on the RV in the last month. Awesome way to see the Christmas lights. If it's the same price this time next year we'll go to California to see the inlaws.. ughh I'm split on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back