Post your latest oil change

The Endurance is rated for 25,000 miles ... no need to change it out at 5,000 miles if you're doing 10K OCIs.
I wasn’t sure if I should dump the filter early using the Amsoil for the first time - keep hearing how the first use can possibly catch some carbon in the filter. I’m planning on a 15,000 interval overall...figured I’d change the filter out at 7,500 miles, but maybe I’ll leave it in the whole way.

2000 Toyota Tacoma
2.7 4 cylinder
Out: Schaeffer's 7000 5w30, Motorcraft FL910S filter
In: Swepco 306 Supreme Formula 10w30, AcDelco PF53E filter

2010 Chevrolet Impala
3.9 V6
Out: unknown oil, AcDelco PF61E filter
In: Fram Conventional 5w30, Swepco 502 Oil Improver, AcDelco PF61E filter

I wasn’t sure if I should dump the filter early using the Amsoil for the first time - keep hearing how the first use can possibly catch some carbon in the filter. I’m planning on a 15,000 interval overall...figured I’d change the filter out at 7,500 miles, but maybe I’ll leave it in the whole way.
How dirty do you think your engine is? Is it visibly dirty when looking down the oil fill cap hole at the top of the head? If you are really afraid it's going to over-load even an Endurance. then guess it's better to be safe.

How dirty do you think your engine is? Is it visibly dirty when looking down the oil fill cap hole at the top of the head? If you are really afraid it's going to over-load even an Endurance. then guess it's better to be safe.
Tough to tell, the engine has a PCV baffle system right at the fill hole, but that baffle is spotless (and I’ve seen others that’s aren’t). I’ve run three 10,000 mile intervals previously, and one 8,000 mile interval. Prior to that all 5,000 mile intervals. Just recently cut open my oil filter (from my recent 10,000 mile interval), that thing looked spotless. I’ll keep an eye on things this interval, if the oil starts getting dark very quickly I may consider changing it out, usually the color change is pretty linear throughout my intervals, all the way to 10,000...with zero consumption.

1988 Sentra wagon (102,378 miles)
In: Valvoline 5w-30 high mileage syn blend with Fram Ultra Synthetic filter (bought on closeout from Fleet Farm for $1.82- bought all 2 they had in stock).
Out: No idea what oil but the filter was a Napa Pro Select 21361
This 1.6L is stupid easy to change oil on.

Attachments

• Sentra Napa filter.jpg
    Sentra Napa filter.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Sentra oil change 2023.jpg
    Sentra oil change 2023.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 26
I'm on the fence about what to do for next change. Continue with Mobil 1 EP 5w30 (will be 3rd consecutive run), or use the existing Amsoil SS 5w30 I have on hand or try HPL. :unsure:🤪

my dad took my mom's car to a dealer i do not like to get oil change .
anyways...

20 Lexus Nx300

Out: pennzoil platinum + toyota filter

In: Toyota Genuine 0w20 + toyota filter

i suppose it cost so much more this time since they were using Genuine toyota oil...
she does not drive much, so i guess it is ok...

my dad took my mom's car to a dealer i do not like to get oil change .
anyways...

20 Lexus Nx300

Out: pennzoil platinum + toyota filter

In: Toyota Genuine 0w20 + toyota filter

i suppose it cost so much more this time since they were using Genuine toyota oil...
she does not drive much, so i guess it is ok...
Curious minds would like to know what did that great little Toyota OIC cost?

1996 Saturn SW2 118,300 miles, 4100 miles on oil change
Out: Frankenblend of 1 quart of Mobil 1630, 1 quart of Delvac 5w40 and 2 quarts of K&N 5w30 synthetic.
Off: Denso 150-2010 filter.
In:4 quarts K&N 5w30 synthetic
On: Denso 150-2010
I did a piston soak before the previous oil change with Berryman Chemtool for a day and a half. I was trying to reduce my oil use. I went from using about a half quart every 1000 miles to just using a quart and half for 4100 miles on this oil change. Make-up oil was Kirkland 5w30. I cut open the filter I removed and it was loaded with sludge. I cut open my filter after every oil change just to have a look. I’ve never seen anything out of the ordinary previously.
I’m thinking the Berrymans loosened up all that crud. I’ve used diesel motor oil before and didn’t see anything in the filter.

I'm on the fence about what to do for next change. Continue with Mobil 1 EP 5w30 (will be 3rd consecutive run), or use the existing Amsoil SS 5w30 I have on hand or try HPL. :unsure:🤪
Finish your Mobil-1.... then finish your existing Amsoil.

I put-off buying HPL (temporarily). I'm gonna' do three OCIs of Amsoil Euro first.

Back