Post your latest oil change

2005 Ford Explorer V6 with just over 178,000 miles. My sister is driving it for now. Took it to her local Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Also changed air filter. Cost her $113.00! o_O I told her that's why I never use them. Too spendy, plus, you need to double-check that caps are closed and there's no leaks.

OUT: SuperTech HM 5W-30 and Fram filter
IN: Pennzoil Gold 5W-30 and Unknown Jiffy Lube filter

A new-to-me ‘18 Denali w/ L5P. Has 24k miles on it. The Ford dealer from whom I purchased it used regular Motorcraft 15w-40 & an AC Delco can. I have a Baldwin 1441 & a Baldwin fuel filter for the next oil change.

Speaking of which, I have a lot of SRT-5 10w-30 that I had been running in the now-gone ‘06 Cummins 5.9. Any thoughts on that? CJ-4, most likely.

John.

2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD

Mileage on vehicle - 4,992

OCI - 6 months and 4,992 miles - OLM @ 15%

Out - Factory Fill and OEM oil filter

In - 6 qts of dealer bulk 0W-20 and OEM oil filter -

Honda of Tomball service dept performed the oil change (gasp !)

Lease vehicle and oil changes were included in the initial purchase.

My first direct injection engine and I'm still on the fence if I like it or not... Time will tell.

I'm inquiring with the service dept to see what brand of bulk oil they use.

2008 Ford Taurus SEL FWD

Mileage - 153,367
OCI - 3,500 miles, 4 months. (Usually 5-6000 but needed to change due to going on vacation to the family condo in FL very soon.)

Out - 5.5 QTS of 5W-20 Synthetic Duramax Oil (some weird brand my local auto shop uses) and filter.

In - 5.5 Qts of Penzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-20 and 209-A Mobil One Extended Performance Oil Filter

Done myself!!! (First time ever.)

This car hit 150,000 a few months ago and has been trudging along just fine. Other than the internal water pump, I have no worries about my cars ability to reach 200,000. Been fairly reliable.

2020 Ram 1500 5.7 eTorque, 1266 miles
Out: Factory Fill
In: PP 5W-20 SN+, Mopar Oil Filter

Oil Changes suck on these trucks. The oil drains onto the sway bar. The oil filter is positioned above the steering rack.

238CDD71-D74C-4B64-A345-6845AE0BB90F.jpeg

Oil Changes suck on these trucks. The oil drains onto the sway bar. The oil filter is positioned above the steering rack.

View attachment 25121

I like that trick. Using a screen? You are a pro.
I'm more of an oil color guy ... That looks like a good oil from the pic.

View attachment 25121

Yes, but that part of the sway bar will never rust! Lol. My 08 Jeep Wrangler's oil filter spills out over the sway bar, too. Bugs the hell out of me, but nothing I can do about it. Even the Oil Udder wouldn't help because of the angle.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7, 111,500 miles, runs perfectly....

Out: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30, Fram Ultra XG16, 5k on oil/filter
In: PUP 5w30, Fram XG16

I would normally run the Fram another OCI, but we bought this vehicle at 103k miles and it had a lifetime of conventional bulk 5w30 that had just been changed. I'm changing the Fram just in case it is loaded up with crap. I ran the conventional that was in there out to 106k and put the PUP in there to do cleanup duty, just in case the years of conventional oil left it varnished or even with some sludge. So the PUP last run and the next one will be there to make sure everything is nice and clean. Btw, it used 1/3 quart of the conventional oil in that 3k run. It hasn't used any PUP, so the PUP has done better in that regard, too. I do think the original owner changed the oil religiously at 3k. Even with bulk conventional, OCI's were only 3k, so the engine is probably in excellent shape. It sure runs like it is.

Once this next run is done, I'll go with PP, QSUD, Valvoline Synthetic, Mobil 1, RTG, or whatever I can get for the best deal, along with Fram filters, from here on out.

1992 Jeep Cherokee 4.0

Out: whatever previous owner had in there

In: Mobil 1 10w30 synthetic high mileage
Filter: Mobil 1 M1-209 (oem spec M1-204 was way too big, I guess previous owner changed the filter setup or something; took a while to figure out the proper size, was able to reference old filter which was a Purolator, the only part number listed on it was "195")

2015 Grand caravan VWB 5W-30 Fram ultra (out Pennzoil Ultra 0w-20 Fram ultra filter)

1997 Honda civic VWB 5W-30 Fram ultra (out Pennzoil platinum 5w-30 Fram ultra filter)

2020 Honda Pilot LX 2WD

Mileage on vehicle - 4,992

OCI - 6 months and 4,992 miles - OLM @ 15%

Out - Factory Fill and OEM oil filter

In - 6 qts of dealer bulk 0W-20 and OEM oil filter -

Honda of Tomball service dept performed the oil change (gasp !)

Lease vehicle and oil changes were included in the initial purchase.

My first direct injection engine and I'm still on the fence if I like it or not... Time will tell.

I'm inquiring with the service dept to see what brand of bulk oil they use.

THe dealer we used in NJ stated on the paperwork that it was M1. Not sure if that was true since I never saw it but that's what the paperwork showed.

2007 Buick Lucerne CXL
53xxx miles, a little over 6k on OCI put on in 10 months.

Out: Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5W-30/Fram PH3387A
In: Valvoline MaxLife Syn. Blend 5W-30/Champion 41040T

2005 Ford Explorer V6 with just over 178,000 miles. My sister is driving it for now. Took it to her local Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Also changed air filter. Cost her $113.00! o_O I told her that's why I never use them. Too spendy, plus, you need to double-check that caps are closed and there's no leaks.

OUT: SuperTech HM 5W-30 and Fram filter
IN: Pennzoil Gold 5W-30 and Unknown Jiffy Lube filter
I’ve had good luck at the local Ford Quick Lane for oil changes. Only 25 bucks for 5w30 syn blend. Air filters at WM are abt 11 bucks for future reference.

View attachment 25121

This kind of stuff drives me crazy. Don't they check this stuff electronically prior to building products? I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the filter is in a bad spot. It always makes a mess!

Back