Post your latest oil change

thumbsup2.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

2005 Toyota Matrix 1.8L

Out: VWB 5w30 (5000 miles)
Out: Valvoline oil filter
Swap: Tires cross-rotated. Cross the rears and fronts straight back.
Cost $21 and change with coupon with free coffee.

In: WWB 5w30
In: Dark blue colored filter with light colored lettering which can't quite make out. Same place changed it and last time they used a white colored Valvoline filter. Shop uses primarily
Valvoline products. So who Knows.
Swap: Tires cross-rotated.
Other: Multi-point inspection.
Cost: $26 and change with coupon with two cups of filtered water.
Other: Checked oil level afterwards and color on ds was nice light colored. They let it drain a long time while doing the multi-point
inspection.
Other: Employee had his 12 week Rottweiler/Shepherd mix puppy running around that's already had some basic training. Priceless. Thanks!

2015 Nissan Altima 90K miles
Out - Mobil1 0w20, K&N Pro Series 1008
In - Mobil1 0w20, K&N Pro Series 1008

Swapped plugs. Probably never do it again...

2015 VW Golf TSI 1.8T, 38k miles
Out - Unknown, first oil change since purchased in July 2017 with 31k. Likely Valvoline something-or-other as the dealer I purchased from (non-VW and out-of-state) later sent coupons for discounted Valvoline oil changes. But the coupons are only good at that dealer, so no thanks.
Oil filter cartridge is a NAPA with plastic endcaps. No indicator light or anything to tell me it needed to be done, just decided it was due (if not overdue).

In: Valvoline SynPower MST 5w-40, 5 qts, purchased at Meijer. Usually calls for 5.5 qts but so far the level looks ok. I do have a couple more bottles left over.
VW OEM filter purchased on Amazon; regular papery endcaps (or no endcaps?). I think I liked the NAPA filter better.
Used drain-and-fill method so also new plastic drain plug from shopDAP.com.

Looking at an oil extractor for next change, whenever that comes. Filter is top-side and the plastic-plug-in-plastic-oilpan seems easy to screw up.

Last edited:
2011 Sonata

Out synpower 5w30, in Supertech synthetic 5w20.

3750 miles.

New hyundai filter, and copper crush washer.

Probably a $15 oil change including filter thanks to deals.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

In: WWB 5w30
In: Dark blue colored filter ....Shop uses primarily Valvoline products. So who Knows.
Swap: Tires cross-rotated.
Other: Multi-point inspection.
Cost: $26 and change with coupon with two cups of filtered water.
Other: Checked oil level afterwards and color on ds was nice light colored. They let it drain a long time while doing the multi-point inspection.
Other: Employee had his 12 week Rottweiler/Shepherd mix puppy running around that's already had some basic training. Priceless. Thanks!

Sounds like a good experience all up. Good to see a dog at a garage, if it's looked after and it knows how to behave.

BTW in Oz the Valvoline oil filters are very nice, synblend media, white can with blue writing. I have two ready to go, I'll probably run them with some Valvoline DuraBlend semi-synthetic I have in my oil stash.

2015 Yaris 1.33 1NZ-FE, first OC at 8215 km:

Out: factory filled oil
Out: factory installed oil filter
Out: factory installed air filter

In: M1 0W20 EP
In: Toyota OEM oil filter
In: Toyota OEM air filter

Last edited:
Not my personal vehicle but a unique one that came through my Ford dealership yesterday (where I’m a service advisor)-

2016 Ford Fiesta SE- 22,710 miles on vehicle, 16,197 miles on oil and filter. Last oil change was at 6,513 miles on 6/13/2017. As a shop we recommend 5,000 mile OCI. Crazy.

Out: Dealer bulk synthetic blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S
In: Dealer bulk synthetic blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S

Originally Posted By: EricBeau
Not my personal vehicle ....

2016 Ford Fiesta SE- 22,
16,197 miles on oil and filter.

Out: Dealer bulk synthetic blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S
In: Dealer bulk synthetic blend 5W-20 and Motorcraft FL910S

Eeeek !!

New to me (my daughter’s) 07 Volvo V50. 87600 miles. 2.4 NA

Out: whatever [censored] the PO put in, after an Amsoil engine flush. And sorry looking filter.

I changed the oil trap at the same time

So in: Amsoil OE 5w30 and Volvo filter.

2013 Santa Fe 2.0T

Out: STP 5w40 (3865 miles)
Out: STP S2808 XL

In: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30
In: Hyundai 26300-35504

Originally Posted By: SR5
Sounds like a good experience all up. Good to see a dog at a garage, if it's looked after and it knows how to behave.

BTW in Oz the Valvoline oil filters are very nice, synblend media, white can with blue writing. I have two ready to go, I'll probably run them with some Valvoline DuraBlend semi-synthetic I have in my oil stash.

Good to know about the filters. The last filter was white with blue lettering as I recall. Now this one is the opposite, a darker blue with white lettering.

The pup was well behaved for his age. He licked a lot but didn't bite or nip at all. The guy said he trained him not to do that over the course of two days. The customers including two older ladies really liked him a lot. Only one guy came in that didn't pay him any attention. He was put into his crate when it picked up a little bit. If I go back there in 4-6 months he will probably be huge. He's 25 lbs now. He was rolling on his back a lot.
smile.gif

I went to a shop last year where a customer had a pitbull mix puppy. The customer wasn't going to bring him inside to the waiting room. But the shop owner said you can bring him inside. He was kind of like the above puppy.

2015 Chevy Malibu LT 2.5
39,829 Miles

OUT: Mobil1 AFE 0w20 and a acdelco ph64
IN: PPPP 0w20 and a napa gold 7060

5,445 interval with 8% left on the OLM.

Changed jobs in october and oil life went down quicker than normal because of distance.

Took an oil sample and i'm gonna send it off to blackstone later this week.

Last edited:
2009 Toyota Prius
Out: M1HM 5W-30 with 3oz of Schaeffer's Neutra 131, .5qt of Supertech top-off
In: PPHM 5W-30

Filter was replaced with OEM Toyota 90915-YZZF1 filter.

2003 Nissan Frontier 3.3 V6 180,555
Out: Maxlife 5w30 + Fram TG @4500 OCI. Consumed about .5 qts. Looks like bad rear main.
In: 1 qt PYB, 2.5 qt Formula Shell 5w30 + Quaker State filter

Always surprises me how small the sump is for this truck.

Wife's 1997 Jag XJ6 - 183,000 miles:

Out QSAD 10W-30 and a failed STP filter (empty overnight so I know the ADBV was no good) ~7,000 mileage.

In went PYB 10W-30 and Hastings LF104 filter (Baldwin).

1988 Big Bronco 302 - 221,000 miles:

Out Delo 400LE 15W-40 and Fram TG ~8,000 mileage.

In went Maxlife 10W-40 (Red bottle - old formula) and Motorcraft FL-1A. I think it's earned the high mileage stuff by now
smile.gif

Both vehicles went 2 years to get the mileage ... Both vehicles are 7 qt systems
smile.gif

My personal oil change philosophy/logic is quality oil (dino OK) and 1K per qt
laugh.gif

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L

Out: Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-30 .... FRAM Ultra Oil Filter #XG3614

In: Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20 .... Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S

Back