Post your current MPG

2005 Corolla 1.8l 5speed last 4 tanks (a little over 2000 miles) has been 43.2MPG

2007 Subaru Outback 2.5NA Auto last 4 tanks (about 1200 miles) has been 24.8MPG

Both MPG are figured CORRECTLY using how many miles you drive (checked the odo with mile markers and GPS) vs how many ACTUAL gallons used. Not a trip computer or gauge.

Bill

2004 Honda Civic auto. Fill-up today was 36.72. That is with 200 miles highway and 100 miles of mild city driving.

Usually I get 33-34ish with more city driving. And during the summer with the air on it goes down to 30-33ish.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Both MPG are figured CORRECTLY using how many miles you drive (checked the odo with mile markers and GPS) vs how many ACTUAL gallons used. Not a trip computer or gauge.

I do the same and then use the results to check the trip computer itself. Today I filled up after 475.9 miles and put in 15.767gal for 30.18mpg. The computer read 30.1mpg for a 0.2% error. It has gotten progressively more accurate over the past three fills. I'll be posting some more detail on that in a separate thread at some point.

Last edited:
Just filled up the Saturn today and checked the fuel economy-- 21.8 mpg. Needless to say, I'm a bit puzzled at the moment.

Between 15-19 MPG on my 1992 Acura Legend 3.2L V6. 60/40 highway/city. These cars suck on gas (literally).

Happy to say that my girlfriends new 2008 Honda Civic is getting 30+ MPG on mixed city/highway driving.

Last edited:
16.7 in the vic. Got only slightly more in the cavi. Maybe 17. But I beat on the cavi more. The route kills it. They barely warm up and I pull into work. 2 miles there and 2 miles back. Plus on the way there and back I merge onto a 50mph highway, drive .9 mile and get off. :/

39 MPG combined(30% city-70%highway)with AC on. This is an old 1990 model 2.8 diesel Nissan Laurel. I use Synlube all over(engine, tranny, differential, powersteering). Others who have identical cars, don't see this mileage. Not even close. Since I bought it, the fuelconsumption have been reduced some 10%.

Driving from LA to WI this week, 2000 Saturn SL I got 45.04 over the 1400 mile trip! I am very impressed! Went 65 mph the whole way and obviously it was 100% highway. But not bad for an 8 year old car. This is the 100 horsepower, single overhead cam, not the DOHC version.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Driving from LA to WI this week, 2000 Saturn SL I got 45.04 over the 1400 mile trip! I am very impressed! Went 65 mph the whole way and obviously it was 100% highway. But not bad for an 8 year old car. This is the 100 horsepower, single overhead cam, not the DOHC version.

thumbsup2.gif

What's sad about your findings is that all the newer 4-cyl cars can't match that sort of MPG that you are enjoying. Too many are rated at the low-30's on the highway. Pathetic! Too bad GM can't make some new updated derivative of the original Saturn car with plastic panels and all. With 40+MPG, they'd sell like hotcakes!

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Driving from LA to WI this week, 2000 Saturn SL I got 45.04 over the 1400 mile trip!

thumbsup2.gif

That's great. Is this LA to WI as in Los Angeles to Wisconsin or Louisiana to Wisconsin? If it's Los Angeles to Wisconsin (west to east), you may have benefited from a strong tailwind for the entire trip. However, tailwind or not, that is still great mileage!

2007 Civic Hybrid - 49 MPG (70% HWY 30% CITY)
2006 Accord (four banger) - 25 MPG (35% HWY 65% CITY)
2001 Civic - ?? MPG (I let my Mom drive it)

Originally Posted By: lindermant
2005 Civic DX/VP w/auto transmission, vehicle lifetime MPG average

170.png

tank by tank details here

What's your driving habit and is all your driving highway? I have a 2004 Coupe and the most I've gotten is 39 mpg after a bottle of Techron in the tank. And I think that was a fluke. You seem to be consistently getting 40's

Back