Post office is officially a joke

The post office processes 167,300,000+ pieces of first-class mail on a daily basis and when one gets lost that means that the "post office just totally quit caring"?

Assuming it even got mailed in the first place.... more likely the landlord put it in a pile of mail with the rest of the last minute rent payments, and in the process of opening them all up this one mistakenly ended up in the garbage pile before it got opened. Which just totally proves landlords really dont care about your rent. Or something.

View attachment 140789
That's only about 5200 pieces of mail per post office.
Or about 430 an hr on a 12hr work day.

Some Twin Cities residents are fed up with mail delays — and now the USPS is investigating​

The United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General is reviewing postal facilities in Apple Valley, Eagan, New Brighton and St. Paul after reports of problems — and complaints from at least one member of Congress.
Several Twin Cities metro post offices are undergoing a review by a federal inspection agency, prompted by reports of "poor delivery performance" and congressional requests.
Craig said she received 164 complaints about mail delivery in Lakeville in November, along with 100 from Shakopee and 76 from Prior Lake. Rosemount, Farmington, Eagan and Apple Valley residents have also voiced concerns.

The complaints are mostly related to people not getting their mail delivered every day; many are only receiving it every three days, five days or more, she said. Others have reported lost mail.

Staffing shortages are a problem — she's heard of workers putting in 10- to 12-hour days and not getting a day off for almost two weeks — but it's bigger than that, U.S. Rep. Angie Craig said.

"USPS seems to be prioritizing Amazon's deliveries over Americans' First-Class Mail," she said.

This is November 2023 article in Minnesota

That isn't the post office fault. If a person has a week or more to send a payment and waits for the last hour then the fault is on them. Postial workers don't sit and do nothing waiting for irresonsible people who mail late. Get back in reality. Ed

The woman did not mail the rent check “close”. She mailed it out 2-3 days before end of last month as I already spelled it out. 3weeks plus is downright pathetic and uncalled for.

Postal workers in my area walk right by my mailbox and don’t take outgoing mail even
If I mail something (in Canada) I allow at least a week for delivery. I'm absolutely confident it will get there, just not very fast.

But we hardly ever pay for anything by cheque anymore. An e-transfer is so easy and so fast. I do like to write a cheque for the occasional new car or a new house however - seems like the right degree of formality.

I've only once ever had the luxury of mail delivery to my home. And that house was built about 1929. In every newer neighbourhood in Canada there are clusters of post boxes (20 - 50 or more) all "conveniently located".

They seem to be handling the holiday rush worse than average this year
I've had more than a few deliveres get stuck in Hubs for over a week, my local P.O is more understaffed than usual
Today was even more odd, my usual letter carrier is senior, so he got one of the new Metris vans, I guess he's on holiday
Somehow it took an army of 3 substitutes to deliver to my small dead end block later than normal 🤷‍♂️
All 3 LLVs were sounding like the end was near, one took a few minutes of stalls and restarts to make it off my block with it's slight incline 🙄
1000008699.jpg

The consensus is these things are long past their sell by date 👴

That isn't the post office fault. If a person has a week or more to send a payment and waits for the last hour then the fault is on them. Postial workers don't sit and do nothing waiting for irresonsible people who mail late. Get back in reality. Ed
Not only this, but why not just use electronic bill pay or Zelle, etc. to pay the rent every month? Save a 60 cent stamp. I pay my lawn service guy by electronic bill pay for pete's sake.

Isn't it sometimes good enough to have a payment postmarked by a certain date?
That and it's actually pretty rare to mail a payment these days.

Back