Pennzoil Platinum oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is most likely SOPUS wanting two bites from the apple. If people think Pennzoil Platinum is the "best" oil, they'll see the Platinum filter and assume it is also the best.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
This is most likely SOPUS wanting two bites from the apple. If people think Pennzoil Platinum is the "best" oil, they'll see the Platinum filter and assume it is also the best.

Didnt Pennzoil come out with Pennzoil Ultra that surpasses the Plat series?

Also Pennzoil is just SHELL ?? Correct?

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
This is most likely SOPUS wanting two bites from the apple.

Probably. The Quaker State and normal Pennzoil filters aren't terribly difficult to find up here, but I haven't come across this new one yet.

The construction makes it similar to a PureOne with the red PTFE sealing gasket, which I've never seen on any other oil filter. Though the 10 grams of dirt trapping ability is less than PureOne's 13 grams.

Whimsey

Yes it does say it uses a PTFE sealing gasket like P1, but I know of no Purolator branded filter uses thread end bypass as shown in the yt, all dome end. But, it could be a Purolator 'made for' to PP specs.

Really speculation until someone dissects one.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Interesting....the synthetic oil-filter market is sure exploding...

Filter manufactures like to have better profit margin. Selling premium filter at much higher price while their cost is slightly more, extra large profit per filter is always nice to their bottom line.

From my experience with oil filters in my 350+k miles LS400, any filter even the OCOD can easily be in service for 14-15k miles, as long as you change oil regularly i.e, 6-8k with dino and 12-15k with syn. Also, don't let the oil level get to below minimum mark on the dipstick i.e, don't let your engine has more than 1 quart low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back