PEAK OIL users step forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here use or used the PEAK FULL SYN or conventional oil before and what did you think? I am seriously thinking about goin to advance and grabbing a jug of the full syn stuff in 5w20 or 5w30 grade and using it, cant hurt anything.

Thanks in advance gentlemen and ladies

adam

Its pretty much ST oil...same company,Warren,so I dont think it would be "terrible".
I think you have a Danica (Peak's spokesperson) fixation though.....Personally,she seems to me to be a not so attractive "mouth",she complains about everything and everyone,and I bet thats what led to her marriage problems.She should have stuck to Spike TVs "Power Block" on weekend afternoons,at least she looked a little "classy" on that.
When you Peak,you win.....(or divorce).

Plan to use it in the Civic that is 98%highway driven. I hear the Civics 4cyl are real easy on oil. I know its ST oil or WARREN or WPP, WNE and thats fine by me as I have used ST oil for 20k or lil more than that before I started usin PYB and QSGB.

thanks guys, and NO I dont have a obsession or whatever with Danica, even though I think shes pretty.

Peak tends to get bashed a bit on here and I don't really see why. I've looked at the specs and it seems like a fine oil. It's additive package is about he same as the major's also.

I've never used it but would not be opposed to using it if the price was right.

I used the synthetic 5w-30 in my Cruze. It didn't have any major calamities, and the price sure was right after rebate.

Yeah, that is true. I think they even had the $5 rebate on the conventional stuff if I saw correctly.

Good UOA's, and a good value too. Has a lot of boron in it from what I remember, makes for a smooth quiet running engine but would be best suited for average length OCI's as a result.

running the 10w30 convention in my xj 4.0 for the last 1000 miles with an stp s8a filter. runs super quiet. motor is more responsive than it was on formula shell or defy. also seeing the best fuel economy i have seen in a while.
i was running the 5w30 conventional in my 97 altima before some old bag t-boned it. but the car ran great on it.
The cheapest i see peak motor oil going for by me is $4.59/qt unless it is on sale.

We bought 30 qts/6 filters from PepBoys(FAR) in Sept'09 when PB's first got the PEAK on their shelves. I used it in my daughters (new to her) '06 Mazda3/50K miles.

Since we didn't know the original owners maintenance schedule, I did several ~3K + OCI's, pushing further with each OCI until 5K miles.

The PEAK 5W30 performed very well in keeping the engine very clean and I especially like the extra quietness of this 2.0L engine with the PEAK 5W30 compared to some other 5W30's and deffinately compared to 5W20's.

Knowing NOW how I liked the PEAK, I will buy it again!

Well I stopped by last night and got the last two PEAK SYN 5w20 at the sale price so I am happy. Plan to use it next oil change.

I ran five quarts of their 5w-30 conventional and an STP filter in my '03 WRX through a winter for about 4k. Engine didn't explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back