Oversize oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help with an oversize filter for my '03 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7L ?
ooo.gif
I am in the process of an Auto-RX clean now and would like to go bigger for the rinse and then after so as to increase not only filter area but also oil capacity.

Thanks

If you have the same 3.7 as in my Jeep (oil filter on the lower front of the block), then you can use the big Ph8 (Fram numbers) with no problems if you have the clearance. I have been running the ST8 (supertech) on it for the ARX cleanings that are almost done. Will be going to the Eao 15 (same size) after the ARX.

The PH16 is up from the tuna can size that comes with some Chrysler products.
Up from that is the PH43,
and then the PH8A.
These are Fram numbers, so convert to your favorite brand or use those numbers and get Wal-mart filters.

Amsoil specs the EAO34 for the 3.7L engine. A number of people have used the EAO26 which is 50% larger than the EAO34 and might just work for you. The EAO26 will fit the mount fine, just make sure you have the room to accept the additional length.

Quote:

Amsoil specs the EAO34 for the 3.7L engine. A number of people have used the EAO26 which is 50% larger than the EAO34 and might just work for you. The EAO26 will fit the mount fine, just make sure you have the room to accept the additional length.

if the 26 is too long the 15 is a bit shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back