Ordered HPL Engine Cleaner - Here is the Plan!

Have you actually read the official thread from HPL on how to use their EC and oils to best protect your engine, or do you just enjoy giving bad advice?

The Engine Cleaner is not a flush. HPL does not recommend going directly to their PCEOs on high mileage engines, either.
It’s meant to be used for 2k miles to clean up a little bit before the “PCEO” is used.
That’s a flush to me. It was a flush to them before they changed it to EC at the advise of some members here. Ya know Engine Flush is a boogeyman word around here lol.
Now tell me this?
Does anyone really take seriously a full grown man that drives a Subaru and calls himself subierubyroo???

Last edited:
It’s meant to be used for 2k miles to clean up a little bit before the “PCEO” is used.
That’s a flush to me. It was a flush to them before they changed it to EC at the advise of some members here. Ya know Engine Flush is a boogeyman word around here lol.
Now tell me this?
Does anyone really take seriously a full grown man that drives a Subaru and calls himself subierubyroo???
There’s a dichotomy of sorts over EC … folks saying make a 2k run and run it in new oil … That’s pretty expensive in my case where I think most of the engine is clean - just want to give pistons some love bcs of GDI …
Thoughts ?

There’s a dichotomy of sorts over EC … folks saying make a 2k run and run it in new oil … That’s pretty expensive in my case where I think most of the engine is clean - just want to give pistons some love bcs of GDI …
Thoughts ?
We’ve been provided a custom, unique product that was specially developed by a performance enthusiast with an impressive record as an oil blender, with an even more impressive list of scientists and industry experts working for him to make top-tier products. Dave has been as open and forthcoming as possible about all of his products as he can without divulging proprietary info… what’s the downside in reading his recommendations posted in the HPL threads and following them to the letter to maximize the performance of what you’re spending your hard-earned money for?

Again, the ONLY people that you find talking down about HPL or its prices are those who haven’t even purchased it. Not one person on the board who’s bought and used HPL as recommended has anything negative to say about the product, performance, or service.

Would you trust Consumer Reports (or insert here whoever you read reviews from) if they wrote a bunch of negative or fawning articles about cars they hadn’t even driven? Don’t let yourself be swayed by the naysayers or doubters… there’s plenty of proof on the board in pictures and experience that their products deliver as promised.

We’ve been provided a custom, unique product that was specially developed by a performance enthusiast with an impressive record as an oil blender, with an even more impressive list of scientists and industry experts working for him to make top-tier products. Dave has been as open and forthcoming as possible about all of his products as he can without divulging proprietary info… what’s the downside in reading his recommendations posted in the HPL threads and following them to the letter to maximize the performance of what you’re spending your hard-earned money for?

Again, the ONLY people that you find talking down about HPL or its prices are those who haven’t even purchased it. Not one person on the board who’s bought and used HPL as recommended has anything negative to say about the product, performance, or service.

Would you trust Consumer Reports (or insert here whoever you read reviews from) if they wrote a bunch of negative or fawning articles about cars they hadn’t even driven? Don’t let yourself be swayed by the naysayers or doubters… there’s plenty of proof on the board in pictures and experience that their products deliver as promised.
That’s a strange rant … Don’t care to dump an oil change at 2k when I’ll be doing extended version oil/filter and like to get 5k-6k from it …
25% EC will not cause the sky to fall …

Last edited:
I asked David from HPL directly how long I should run the HPL EC and he suggested to me that in an oil burner I run the first OCI to 3k, then subsequent OCIs at 5k while keeping the oil topped off with the same oil:HPL EC ratio throughout.

So that's what the main guy at HPL says. I'm taking his advice.

I asked David from HPL directly how long I should run the HPL EC and he suggested to me that in an oil burner I run the first OCI to 3k, then subsequent OCIs at 5k while keeping the oil topped off with the same oil:HPL EC ratio throughout.

So that's what the main guy at HPL says. I'm taking his advice.
Good feedback - think my engine is clean enough for 5k with EC … it’s been said HPL’s oil is more active and some of the cautionary statements have been regarding dirty motors …
I’m just thinking of GDI pistons … and future use as a quart of spike fluid to combat fuel dilution using the Fumoto …
(hard to find high quality mono 30) …

Back