One of the Best Purchased I Have Made....Kindle Paperwhite

Wow, I wish I had made this purchase years ago. I am reading like I used to when I was 20-30 years old. I wake up and instead
of looking at my iPhone, I pick up my Kindle Paperwhite. I go to bed after reading.

My question to you Kindle owners is this. What app/software do you use in conjunction with your Kindle? I've been Youtubing
but am not satisfied with what I have seen. I am ignorant of what is available. I want to be able to print out what I have highlighted
on my iMac desktop. Maybe I don't need anything?

Do any of you Kindle Paperwhite owners have any tips for a new Kindle user? I have been YouTubing and have quite a few.

Set up? Cases? Screen Protector?

I have been using an iPad with the Kindle app. A Kindle for reading is way, way better. If I had only known.

I bought a cheapie case off Amazon. Other than that, it is as I bought it. I give them as gifts.
Cases or Kindles? I'm talking about gifts. I'll PM you my address it you ever decide to gift an Oasis.;)

I'm liking the clear case that covers the back with a screen protector.

Cases or Kindles? I'm talking about gifts. I'll PM you my address it you ever decide to gift an Oasis.;)

I'm liking the clear case that covers the back with a screen protector.
I have gifted a few Kindles. I’ve had mine for a few years; I bet there are a bunch of nice cases nowadays...

Same - I prefer paper still. Most of my pleasure reading gets done in a chair outdoors. A book can survive a bit of salt spray.

I will admit I buy the large print version when I can.

Same - I prefer paper still. Most of my pleasure reading gets done in a chair outdoors. A book can survive a bit of salt spray.

I will admit I buy the large print version when I can.
More often than not a Kindle version of a book is far cheaper-and fonts are adjustable. There are also lesser know authors whose books are $5.00 or less-that are enjoyable. As "thrifty" as people are on here-a Kindle is a solid purchase-and the choice of those on cruise ships that do at times get sea spray. I was in Sam's club the other day and mass market paperbacks are pushing $10.00 after a discount. Again-cheaper on the Kindle.

One thing I really like is night time reading beside my wife in bed. No light or page turning or jostling around. Doesn’t bother my wife if I’m reading til 1 am.

I love my Paperwhite. It has to be over ten years old. I have hundreds of ebooks on it at any given time and thousands in my Calibre Library. I also have books on my iPad and I use FBReader. FBReader is nice because I have two pages side by side like with an open book. However, the iPad is unwieldy and heavy. While I have an antiglare screen protector, the Kindle has a superior display for reading print.

I love conventional books but being able to take a whole library with me pretty much anywhere outweighs the lack of haptics of an e-book reader by far.

I prefer actual books and magazines I can grab off the shelf. Kinda lends class to the joint. Plus not having to scroll through a screen to read an article or chapter is great. Now get off my lawn.
KIndle Paperwhite doesn't scroll. Some other Kindle devices can vertically scroll. But you can flip the page instead.

Download and install calibre E-book management software on your computer. It's free, add-free, and spy-free.
With it you can plug your Kindle into your computer through a USB cable and manage the books on your Kindle as well as your entire library. This will also enable you to download literally millions of books for free from the Internet, convert them to Kindle format, and upload them into your Kindle. I'm just scratching the surface of all it can do. If you end-up doing a lot of reading, managing your library and keeping track of the books you have and have not read can be a nightmare, calibre is a life saver.

Back