Oil Recommended for 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: riggaz
I can't imagine that 5W30 is recommended

Try not to use your imagination, use the data supplied by the engineers in the manual.

If you email Lamborghini direct (not a dealer), they have to tell you because of freedom of information.

5W30 is the recommended grade if the 5W30 in question has a HT/HS greater than 3.5.

Searching the web the issue is not so much which oil/grade to choose but the procedure/process in how to change oil. The link at the bottom of this post(updated in March 2014 it claims) shows key steps to watch out for. Its not that easy.

OIL TYPES Copy and paste from the link
Whole web and forum discussions have been had on the type of oil to use. I am a fan of Mobil 1. You can of course use the Agip oil that comes with your Lamborghini. However it is not that common here in the US. As to grades: Lamborghini suggests 5W40 for normal driving. 20W50 for a sports work-out and 0W30 for those of you that live in cold countries. I go with Mobil 1, 5W40 in winter and 15W50 in summer -- its hot here in summer!.

The info is from the following link.

http://www.lamboweb.com/Repairs_Section/Gallardo_Repairs_Oil_Filter_Change.htm

I am unable to advise of the credibility of the information or its source.
I guess its no different to a newcomers perception of the info on BITOG first time.

Last edited:
AGIP SINT 2000 - this is the book recommendation
Dealer will use most likely Mobil 1 - most of them do

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ndx
AGIP SINT 2000 - this is the book recommendation
Dealer will use most likely Mobil 1 - most of them do

Geez, I sold 40 or 50 1 litre tins of that to one bloke in 1987...he ran it 5,000km in his turbo volvo (early aftermarket, so ran very very hot), and then ran it out in his get to work beaters,

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: riggaz
"I can't imagine that 5W30 is recommended"

Try not to use your imagination, use the data supplied by the engineers in the manual.

If you email Lamborghini direct (not a dealer), they have to tell you because of freedom of information.

5W30 is the recommended grade if the 5W30 in question has a HT/HS greater than 3.5.

That first sentence is supposed to have quotations with them (like I've adjusted it to), like I posted originally, the VW LL3 oil is the recommended oil for those engines which like you say has HTHS greater than 3.5

I always like to use the oil finder at Mobil 1's website as a quick reference.

They recommended Mobil 1 0w-40.

I agree that people are going to get services on this done at a dealership while under warranty to be on the safe side. Let's hope the dealer uses a decent oil choice unlike some other manufacturer dealerships (who make their own decisions without manufacturer).

Last edited:
Manual for Gallardo says:
5w40 for regular use
20w50 for heavy duty:)

I doubt that the car will be used in cold days but with 20w50 it can take longer to warm it up. Actually that the very simillar engine to these used in old AUDI S8/S6 so the recomendation for AUDI should be also helpful. So you can look for 5w40 or 20w50 and check if it has AUDI approval for theirs petrol engine cars. I think Lambo approves AGIP or SHELL. I found somewhere that Castrol Syntec is also approved.

Whatever synthetic the dealer in AZ wants to pour in the car... As long as that beast is under warranty, I would have the work done at the dealer and watch them closely. LOL. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back