Oil Filter for Lexus LS460

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so now that I'm learning all about oil and engine care etc I'm trying to figure out which oil filter would be best for my 2009 LS460. I'm using Mobil 1 oil (0W-20) and want a filter that will go 10,000 miles. It seems that "you guys" like Pure One filters that fall nicely on the right price/value/quality curve.

It appears that the LS460 doesn't have a "spin on" filter. Must I take my car to the dealer?

Purolator makes a cartridge filter for your car (L25609). I'm sure you can find other options as well. You can pick an OEM one up at the dealer, too.

Nice car.

Last edited:
Rockauto has some cartridge oil filters that fit 2009 LS460. Mann ML1045 is $4.81 plus shipping, you may want to buy several filters in 1 order to reduce shipping cost per filter.

Mann cartridge oil filters is one of the best on market, they are OEM filters for many German cars.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Rockauto has some cartridge oil filters that fit 2009 LS460. Mann ML1045 is $4.81 plus shipping, you may want to buy several filters in 1 order to reduce shipping cost per filter.

Mann cartridge oil filters is one of the best on market, they are OEM filters for many German cars.

The Mann filters here are made by Purolator.

I would go for a Bosch Distance Plus or something of that nature.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

The Mann filters here are made by Purolator.

I would go for a Bosch Distance Plus or something of that nature.

Are you sure Mann ML1045 cartridge oil filter is made by Purolator ? Mann spin on oil filter does but not the cartridge oil filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back