Oil filter cup wrench...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get one of these that will fit my filter, but im not sure of what size I'd need... anyone know what size would fit a purilator pure one 30001 filter?

Forgive me for not answering your original question, but have you seen this one?

Lisle wrench

It cranks down on the oil filter really well. If you are not dead set on a cup wrench, this might be a good option. I have a cup wrench that tends to slip off and so I bought the Lisle. Bonus is that it works on all my filters so I don't need a different one for each vehicle.

I tried to find a picture that shows how it works, but in essence it is designed so that the more rotational force you exert the harder it cranks down on the filter. It works exceptionally well on the Harleys because it is difficult to get a cup wrench (I'll call them a cap wrench - whatever) in there. This thing only makes contact on 2 sides so I can get it broken loose with until it won't clear and then re-fit it on the filter. It's hard to describe, but if you have tried to change the filter on a Harley Evo or TC88 motor you would understand.

Well worth the $8

LL - Thanks for that link, I think i'm going to try one of those as the pliers that I use for my mom's car and my old car don't seem to fit where my filter is on my Integra.

On second thought, the shipping is $12
frown.gif
Dang... that would be the perfect size too.

Quote:

LL - Thanks for that link, I think i'm going to try one of those as the pliers that I use for my mom's car and my old car don't seem to fit where my filter is on my Integra.

My pleasure.
cheers.gif

Actually I learned of the above wrench here on BITOG and I would give the member credit if I could remember who it was.

I guess this is one of those times that a newbie regurgitating old stuff is actually useful.
tongue.gif

If you're getting this at an auto parts store, or even walmart, i'd just find the filter that fits your car, and see which cap it fits into. They'll be the same size as the purolator.

I found it cheaper on amazon through AutoBarn. I could just drive to AutoBarn but I called them and it was only $2 less at the store and i'd spend more than that in gas just getting there, since it's not really close to me. Thanks again
smile.gif
I measured my filters and the biggest I have is exactly 3-1/8" so that will be perfect.

I'm not sure if either is going to fit my filter though... i'll have to go to the store to see if it will, but im thinking the bottom of that 30001 pure one filter is bigger than 3 1/2 inches.

Quote:

I'm not sure if either is going to fit my filter though... i'll have to go to the store to see if it will, but im thinking the bottom of that 30001 pure one filter is bigger than 3 1/2 inches.

They come in two sizes; you have no excuse.

Lisle Corp

You turn it to the right to get it on the filter, then you turn it to the left to bite into the filter.

Last edited:
I'll just get that spider one since i can get it at a store locally and it fits my filter
smile.gif

I'll let you guys know what its like after i test it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back