oil equiv. specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 2011 Honda CRF250R, engine oil calls for the Pro-Honda HP4 10W40 which is I believe full synthetic, I would like to stay with synthetic, would Rotella 5-40 in the blue jug be equal. any difference between the T-6 or the T 5-40

Chet

T6 or T 5w40 is about the same. The additive pack changed slightly when they switched to T6, but not enough to loose any sleep over. Great oil and I see no reason not to use it in a CRF250R. Cheaper than the Honda HP4 and probably a tougher oil too...

Honestly though , in that thing you could run the Rotella T 15w40 and the engine will probably outlast your interest in that bike. The regular Rotella T might be more shear stable as well, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
HI Anklebiter

I use the 15-40 in my street bikes, I have a friend who uses the 15-40 in his race quads, he says it is good, but the engine requires a bit more warm up before he goes up to the line for the start, I don't race but I have this sense that the 5-40 might provide a little better lube at starting a cold engine, this was one reason I ask. am I thinking wrong

Chet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back