Official GM Approved Engine Oil List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
yeah but who supplies the AC Delco Oil? EoM? Is it a Grade specicfic supplier?

In Canada, at least, 'AC Delco' oil, and I believe 'Goodwrench' oils are made by Petro-Canada.

According to an email I received today from Petro-Canada, if they supply GM with plastic bottled stock it is very limited. They do supply some local dealerships with bulk oil. Some factory fill ATF but in much less reduced quantities than before.

Originally Posted By: buster
Thanks. Tech guy at PZ/QS is claiming Ultra will be the new FF oil for the Corvette.
shocked2.gif

Well, I would at first dismiss this rumour as completely unlikely given the long standing relationship with Mobil that GM has.

HOWEVER - sitting right in my GM plant as I sit is a 55 gal drum of PP. It is not used to fill engines (they come in with oil already in them). The oil is used for top offs. I questioned the purchase and was told it was a bid purchase so who knows if the future holds Pennzoil products as factory fill. I doubt it, but if the oil meets specs it is fine to use.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: buster
Thanks. Tech guy at PZ/QS is claiming Ultra will be the new FF oil for the Corvette.
shocked2.gif

Well, I would at first dismiss this rumour as completely unlikely given the long standing relationship with Mobil that GM has.

HOWEVER - sitting right in my GM plant as I sit is a 55 gal drum of PP. It is not used to fill engines (they come in with oil already in them). The oil is used for top offs. I questioned the purchase and was told it was a bid purchase so who knows if the future holds Pennzoil products as factory fill. I doubt it, but if the oil meets specs it is fine to use.

I agree. Anyway you can ask around about the rumor?

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
HOWEVER - sitting right in my GM plant as I sit is a 55 gal drum of PP. It is not used to fill engines (they come in with oil already in them). The oil is used for top offs.

Wow. They use Pennzoil Platinum as top-off oil??
01.gif

Originally Posted By: 3putter
Corvette dumping M1 for PU would be a real surprise. Heck, visit the Corvette Museum and note Mobil's presence throughout.

It would happen in a heart beat if Mobil failed to come off their Wallet. High profile placing like this works very much like product placement in TV Shows.

However Mobil would have to be insane to allow this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back