OCI for E-85

I've been using exclusively E85 in my 2013 silverado since new.
Currently at 140,000 miles.
These engines are known to use oil but mine still only uses about 1/2 to 1 quart on a full 6,000-7,000 mile oil change interval.
I have simply gone by the oil life percentage meter on it since new.(typically 6k-7k mile interval) Most of it's life was on conventional oil at the beginning and blend later on.
I turbocharged it at 100k and still running great at 140k. 9-10psi of boost. Since turbocharging I typically use multi viscosity 40 weight oils due to the additional heat the oil will see feeding the turbo.
E85 is very cost effective when compared to premium fuel.

I've been using exclusively E85 in my 2013 silverado since new.
Currently at 140,000 miles.
These engines are known to use oil but mine still only uses about 1/2 to 1 quart on a full 6,000-7,000 mile oil change interval.
I have simply gone by the oil life percentage meter on it since new.(typically 6k-7k mile interval) Most of it's life was on conventional oil at the beginning and blend later on.
I turbocharged it at 100k and still running great at 140k. 9-10psi of boost. Since turbocharging I typically use multi viscosity 40 weight oils due to the additional heat the oil will see feeding the turbo.
E85 is very cost effective when compared to premium fuel.
I had an 07 Silverado I ran E85 extensively in until it was traded. I had the same experience, though my quart seemed to disappear right at 3000 miles, so I added a quart and did 3000 more.

E85 needed special oil is not necessary and was a ploy by Chrysler to force the use of Mopar lubricants. I still run a lot of E85 and have had 0 problems.

Back