Not all Police are out of control and racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Seems like all we ever see posted on this site is negative stories about the men in blue. I get a little sick of it frankly as not all LEO's are bad. No one ever gives the good ones any credit. Saw this story and figured I would post it. Can't wait to see how some here will still find a way to make it a negative.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2298848/officer-john-nissen-goes-beyond-the-call-of-duty/

I basically tried to say this same thing in that cop bashing thread the other day.

Thank you for attempting to at least post something positive.

Haters gonna hate.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would say that, if anything, 90% being bad is low. Note: if a cop covers for a bad cop, or even turns a blind eye, he is a bad cop!

It's not that black and white. Don't we wish it was. I'm not defending police however my moms side of the family tend to go into law enforcement. These are people I grew up with and wouldn't for a second question their judgement however at the reunions once the scotch starts flowing out come the stories about how in their detachments some more senior staff take "liberties" they considered wrong however to bring up these issues makes the whistleblower a pariah and no one will trust them again.
So they don't say anything in order to keep their jobs. And protect their lives.
Remember that these people depend on each other in serious life threatening situations so if an officer makes waves it's very possible that back up takes a wrong turn and somebody dies.
The entire police culture has to change,until then bad cops will get away with murder while good cops turn their heads.
Trust is so important when the man beside you can save or contribute to the ending of your life

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: bvance554
I'm sorry but it is the cynical attitude of people like jaraxle that prevent a cop, plumber, mechanic, or anyone... From from doing their job. He is the 10% that gives the rest of society a bad name. When you approach life with that kind of attitude, you're bound for failure. I don't know you, but I would place a bet that you approach all other aspects of life with the same attitude for any and all authority.

And thank God for people like jaraxle who have the balls to question authority!

Question authority, or paint an entire group with a sweeping generalization?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I would say that, if anything, 90% being bad is low. Note: if a cop covers for a bad cop, or even turns a blind eye, he is a bad cop!
I've never heard a cop call out bad cops. The thin blue line is real.

Many simply fear for their lives if they do. The police are the most dangerous. street gang in the world. Their tactics to deal with "squealers" are little different than the Mafia or MS13.

The only difference is that a badge stands in for facial tattoos.

Originally Posted By: Benito
That's archaic thinking. Along the lines of she was raped because she dressed too sexy. That kind of thinking is what were trying to get away from. You know, as we evolve we should get less barbaric. You'd think. But I've seen comments here that this country hasn't been the same since the 40s thru 70s era. Thats back when blacks had to use the rear entrance, you could beat up gay people with no repercussions and the little lady knew her place, bearfoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Right?

I thought I'd get in here first to point out your spelling or comprehension problem:

It's barefoot, not bearfoot.

Barefoot is spelt with an "a"

Bearfoot is spelt with an "e"

No. These caveman Neanderthals like women with bears feet. I had a friend once who fanaticized about hunting his girlfriend. He wanted a girl with bears feet.

Some sick mofos out there.

Are you baked?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I've never had any problems with cops since I was a teenager, then again I never caused trouble or mischief.

Says Mr. Nice.....

I've never had any problems with cops since I was a teenager, then again I never caused trouble or mischief.

Funny how that works huh...

Unfortunately some kids don't realize cops are not school teachers, they will cuff you and take you jail.

Many young adults have no discipline as a child and grow up thinking they can do whatever they want.

Unfortunately some kids don't realize cops are not school teachers, they will cuff you and take you jail.

Many young adults have no discipline as a child and grow up thinking they can do whatever they want.

But the question is why are regular duty police filling this job? It should be dedicated school disciplinarians. We had them back when I was at school in the 70s and 80s. They were specifically trained to deal with minors.

I also agree that they need to bring back corporal punishment in the public school system in a big way. Since the parents don't want to do the job, then if they send their punks to school the administration will need to carry it out. Frankly I believe if a child is a serious discipline problem in school they should bar the child from any public school, let the parents cope with it, why should all the other children need to put up with this?

Maybe they should start publicly horsewhipping the parents.
wink.gif
That would be a great place to start with corporal punishment.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Maybe they should start publicly horsewhipping the parents.
wink.gif
That would be a great place to start with corporal punishment.

Not a bad idea. The bottom line is that too many of the past three or so generations grew up on that commentary on child behavioral aspects [censored] spewed by Dr. Spock back in the 60's, and it has really damaged the Western Society. We NEED people to be
self disciplined and that often times requires corporal punishment during childhood, you can really see where in the US civil society started to fall apart right about the time where parents were taught to "discuss" behavioral issues with their children and give
"time outs" instead of a good old fashioned spanking or wallop with a belt (no I'm not talking about using these out of anger, but as a tool, no sores, wounds, ect perhaps only a sore behind) It must be done if we want Western Civilized Society to continue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

But the question is why are regular duty police filling this job? It should be dedicated school disciplinarians. We had them back when I was at school in the 70s and 80s. They were specifically trained to deal with minors.

I also agree that they need to bring back corporal punishment in the public school system in a big way. Since the parents don't want to do the job, then if they send their punks to school the administration will need to carry it out. Frankly I believe if a child is a serious discipline problem in school they should bar the child from any public school, let the parents cope with it, why should all the other children need to put up with this?

Cause parents refuse to raise their children properly. They rely on prescription meds and the police to raise their out of control kids.

I'm 53 years old, never disrespect law enforcement.

Got out a few speeding tickets by acting like mature adult, not a brat with bad attitude.

Cause the PO PO won't tolerate [censored] from any person.

Cause parents refuse to raise their children properly. They rely on prescription meds and the police to raise their out of control kids.

Why blame the parents. They're doing exactly what .gov is telling them to do.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Why blame the parents. They're doing exactly what .gov is telling them to do.

You mean the parents can't and/or refuse to think for themselves and that ISN'T part of the problem?
crazy2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
happy2.gif

I'm 53 years old, never disrespect law enforcement.

Got out a few speeding tickets by acting like mature adult, not a brat with bad attitude.

Cause the PO PO won't tolerate [censored] from any person.

The narrative is less about the citizen and more about the cop. The narrative is that if you misbehave the cops are going to straight up kill you, and they will get away with it being called justified. So the narrative is already worse than what youve described. .
not sure what you're getting at here on the cops behavior other than reinforcing such a narrative and saying that one deserves injustice or different justice and punishment from a cop just based on attitude and not because of an actual crime.

Or perhaps its just the grumpy get off my lawn talk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back