Not all Police are out of control and racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing someone brought out in another thread is that the good ones fail to report the bad ones. That makes them culpable. Doing nothing is a violation of the oath they took to become an officer. There is a massive problem that needs to be addressed. And now is as good a time as any.

Go on a cop forum and see how these guys speak of the public. Do a little research before making pronouncements.

SbdFSgB.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
[

There is a large ethnic/racial segment of our population that thinks the Police are wrong in every single instance when one of their folks is involved and they will riot and go on the rampage over it. It is always the Police at fault in their view and it is never that the person actually broke the law.

We've seen several murders on tape. On tape. How many weren't taped. The guy in Cincinnati flat out lied about what happened. When he knew he was wearing a camera. Did he think an insider would erase it.

Most people are outraged about what's going on. It ain't just ethnics. What a racist line of bull.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
[

There is a large ethnic/racial segment of our population that thinks the Police are wrong in every single instance when one of their folks is involved and they will riot and go on the rampage over it. It is always the Police at fault in their view and it is never that the person actually broke the law.

We've seen several murders on tape. On tape. How many weren't taped. The guy in Cincinnati flat out lied about what happened. When he knew he was wearing a camera. Did he think an insider would erase it.

Most people are outraged about what's going on.

Everyone should be outraged that the government has this much power and authority to abuse and execute citizens in cold blood on the streets.

Originally Posted By: horse123
And the only reason you made this post is to encourage people to argue with you. There's no other reason you would have posted this other than baiting.

That's an interesting comment. Especially since you were one of the first fish to take the bait.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Far, far more young black men are killed by other young black men than by LEO's but we don't hear about that because it doesn't suit the AGENDA....

That is irrelevant and just shows you don't understand what is going on. The outrage isn't so much that cops kill black people. Its that cops kill black people and all to often the worst they get is a slap on the wrist. A black person kills someone and justice is swift and merciless.

If cops were punished for their actions there would be no outrage, not only because of the lack of misjustice but also because fewer cops would be killing people because they thought they could get away with it.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
And the only reason you made this post is to encourage people to argue with you. There's no other reason you would have posted this other than baiting.

That's an interesting comment. Especially since you were one of the first fish to take the bait.

Beat me to it. I don't see how the OP was trying to start an argument, but you felt obligated to argue.

Turtlevette I do agree with you that. Like S.C that maniac shooting that man in the back. Yes wrong, evil and terrible acts are committed by law enforcement officers. But these are miniscule compared to the deaths from other activities.
One person I heard a couple of months ago summed it up best by stating, " there are far too many people killed by police no matter what color they are". That is very true indeed.

NHHEMI, I agree with you that most cops are good cops. But even the good ones are cocky, walk with a gods gift to us attitude and always have a stern voice and talk down to you. This is what I don't like about them.

Doctors do this too..... Especially OR surgeons
smile.gif

Now I've gotten to know a couple of them and they are good guys.. But yes there are the EXACT same traits as you just described.

Originally Posted By: hardcore302
Criticize them all you want, but a large percent percent of you wouldn't last one week dealing with the utter [censored] and nonsense. I would love to see how fast one of you cop haters would pull the trigger on a car full of people reachung all over. .

If I had good knees and bad morals...sure, I'd be a cop. Heck, I'd be halfway to collecting a pension by now.

Yes it's true that some police let the power swell their heads however the vast majority are good hardworking people.
However that's not a story the media is going to carry nor publicize. Sadly what sells is negativity. So people can sit up their on their soap boxes feeling how much better they are than everyone else and spew nonsense.
I'd love to see the media focus on the police doing good deeds,even for just a day. My bet is we would see there are so many more positive police contacts instead of negatives.
I'm no police lover nor am I one of those clowns who call suspects "perps" basically implying guilt rather than the assumption of innocence. You'll hear much more from me about police and inappropriate behaviour based on my personal experience or first hand knowledge of any such case.
But even with the various contacts I've had with my various brushes with law I'm not foolish enough to assume all cops are bad etc.
Police have the most horrible job on earth. They deal with the worst society has to offer,and the knowledge that that badge makes them a target and any situation may escalate and they are a stat,leaving loved ones behind to mourn.
People want their streets to be safe,then complain about the manner in which those streets are kept safe.

It's typical for people to complain from the safety of their lazy boy watching the drama unfold on the news.

Of course not all of them are, it's just the vast majority.

Also the ones that aren't inherently bad by directly abusing their power will always do things like be able to get out of a speeding or assault charge just by being a cop.

crackmeup2.gif

It didn't take long. 1st response just 5 minutes after posting the initial starting post of the thread and we have someone saying the vast majority of LEO's are bad. Wow.

This place is a freaking riot at times.

Actually, I posted it for the exact reason I said. I am sick of all the negative anti Police threads here and I wanted to show a story of an LEO doing a good job.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
[

Most people are outraged about what's going on. It ain't just ethnics. What a racist line of bull.

Not racist in the least. Just stating what I see. I have absolutely no problem with people of different ethnic backgrounds/races than myself until they give me a reason.

Of course all cops aren't bad. I've met some of the good ones. However, I've also met abrasive, condescending jerks. It is an almost impossible job in the current environment; cops are micromanaged and used as political footballs. In California, since no one in Sacramento can balance a budget, the cops are being used more and more as revenue collectors. Then you have a press that sensationalizes every story as much as possible.

Having said all that, when you take the oath, you accept certain responsibilities, and one of them is not to misuse your authority. You also have certain responsibilities just as a human being regarding how you treat your fellow human beings. A lot of these people should never have been trusted with a badge or a gun.

I had a police officer stalk my wife. It was a helpless situation to say the least. He would sit in his patrol car outside of our home. I understand that the situation is blown out of proportion by the media but I do believe there is a problem. I experienced it first hand.

Originally Posted By: 2civics
I had a police officer stalk my wife. It was a helpless situation to say the least. He would sit in his patrol car outside of our home. I understand that the situation is blown out of proportion by the media but I do believe there is a problem. I experienced it first hand.

Wow!

Originally Posted By: 2civics

Did you take pictures/video? Show them to the mayor first? Then the press? What a crazy cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back