North Korea Internet down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, North Korea have their own internet with their own newspapers and a cookery website.

These all went down so apparently people would have noticed.

Source: BBC

Also a funny snippet from the same report was how property prices next to embassies went up because people learnt they could tap into wi-fi and I believe the real internet.

I heard South Korea beams high speed wireless internet into the border of North Korea and the black market in North Korea has literally smuggled millions of cell phones, tablets, laptops etc into the country.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Sometimes there's a reference I don't understand. Somewhere in news of this event there was reference of "a 15 year old in a Guy Fawkes mask". The name rang a bell but I didn't quite get it. If you don't get it, researching Guy Fawkes is interesting.

Typically, members of the hacker collective Anonymous (and subsets of them) wear Guy Fawkes masks in videos or when in public to hide their identity. It's sort of become a symbol of Anonymous. In this case they are also implying that a single 15 year old with a laptop could have brought down NK. From what I'm reading, that isn't actually impossible. Which is the funny thing.

Need to read/watch V for Vendetta...they got it from there.

Guy Fawkes was Gary Allan's avi on a number of locations (for the former, not anonymous).

BTW, good on them if they took NK down !!!

One word here: China.

They have already expressed impatience with Fearless Leader, and the entire country's Net access goes through China first. We asked them to help. This could be it.

A basic DS attack would only require like 3 guys or so, they only have a handful of users in their entire country that aren't bootlegging off South Korea...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Sometimes there's a reference I don't understand. Somewhere in news of this event there was reference of "a 15 year old in a Guy Fawkes mask". The name rang a bell but I didn't quite get it. If you don't get it, researching Guy Fawkes is interesting.

Typically, members of the hacker collective Anonymous (and subsets of them) wear Guy Fawkes masks in videos or when in public to hide their identity. It's sort of become a symbol of Anonymous. In this case they are also implying that a single 15 year old with a laptop could have brought down NK. From what I'm reading, that isn't actually impossible. Which is the funny thing.

Need to read/watch V for Vendetta...they got it from there.

Guy Fawkes was Gary Allan's avi on a number of locations (for the former, not anonymous).

BTW, good on them if they took NK down !!!

Yes they got it FROM V for vendetta. However, when they said that- they were referring to Anonymous, not the books and movie.

WE ALL are WAY TOO Dependent on the Internet.....

...and WAY TOO vulnerable...

Just Sayin'...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back