No more supertech at Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got beat out of a rebate about 2 years ago and took the oil back and never used that oil again i took it back and exchanged it for a different make

I buy Puro on Amazon when I can find them or at Pepo Boyz, but apparently Pepo has been sold and their inventory locally is in disarray.
I hope the new owners get them back on track, or that Wally carries the full line of Puro. Both Bosch at 10 bux and Puro have turned up at Wally herebouts. It may be that the marketing
plan is to steer you right into the over priced Bosch of you don't want the Puro. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Wally to keep the "good" OCODs but shelf space is always a battle in the big box world. APperently OCOD lost out.

After I saw this post I had to get to the WM to check and sure enough ST's were gone and Puro Classics were in. Im a huge Purolator fan so its not a big deal at all but I have used Super Tech filters for years so it sucks seeing them go. Still have a nice stash of them.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
APperently OCOD lost out.

Not sure I understand what you mean there. If you walk down the oil aisle at my local WM, there are just as many Frams as before. The only difference is that the ST filters have been replaced by Puro Classics. However, the Puros did not replace every application that ST offered. So in this case, a Walmart shopper who once would have grabbed a ST filter but doesn't see what he needs in the Purolators is now going to pick up a Fram.

Quote:
......However, the Puros did not replace every application that ST offered. So in this case, a Walmart shopper who once would have grabbed a ST filter but doesn't see what he needs in the Purolators is now going to pick up a Fram.

Really? Most of the ST's space in area Wallys here was limited, and the Classic's occupy the about the same or perhaps a bit more space than the ST's. Just curious which application(s) are not covered by the Classic that the ST's covered?

It's true though, the Fram varieties still dominate the oil filter aisle. As mentioned, since Rank Group investment company now owns both Champ and Fram, apparently easier to dump the small ST selection than any Fram.

That said, some of the ST's replaced by the Classic though were ecores, and even the standard ST's like the 7317 didn't come close in media area to the equivalent L14610. So overall imo, Classics at $3.27 each at Wally, is an improvement.

I have no problem with the Purolators...I used to use SuperTech filters (though I recall the last 2 I cut open, one was a Wix and I could have sworn one was a Purolator), I'll probably use the PL Classics now.

I hope they will stock a PL for my truck...I refuse to use a Fram and the other brands are expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back