Subaru Branded Oil Filters at Walmart? Hmmmm MP7317?

I was at Walmart today and saw a Subaru oil filter on the shelf for the first time. I opened it up and said hmmm this looks very familiar! I pulled a SuperTech MP7317 off the shelf and compared them. I knew it! 😂 C’mon now Subaru! We can get the better ST MP for almost 1/2 the price!!
IMG_5978.jpeg
IMG_5979.jpeg
IMG_5982.jpeg
IMG_5981.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5978.jpeg
    IMG_5978.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5981.jpeg
    IMG_5981.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5982.jpeg
    IMG_5982.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 18
Whip City Wrencher opened the supertech 1.5 years ago. The seam had some glue issues. Hopefully the QC issue is now solved.

I was at Walmart today and saw a Subaru oil filter on the shelf for the first time. I opened it up and said hmmm this looks very familiar! I pulled a SuperTech MP7317 off the shelf and compared them. I knew it! 😂 C’mon now Subaru! We can get the better ST MP for almost 1/2 the price!!
View attachment 169559View attachment 169560View attachment 169561View attachment 169562
Great work Nicasio!
It looks like their heights, mounting gasket tapping plate are identical. Different color anti drain back. It would be interesting to see if they share the same media and by pass valve.

Just for comparison:
I noticed Toyota, Mopar and Motorcraft oil filters on a Walmart shelf.
There may have been additional name brands but I wasn't looking.
It did appear that there was more shelf space occupied by name brand filters than 'usual'.

Just for comparison:
I noticed Toyota, Mopar and Motorcraft oil filters on a Walmart shelf.
There may have been additional name brands but I wasn't looking.
It did appear that there was more shelf space occupied by name brand filters than 'usual'.

I’ve seen that as well. Many consumers don’t know that these filters are the same as the cheaper filters on the same shelf.

and yet we have members here still buying the $11 extremely average filter with a nitrile adbv instead of the same filter with silicone for about half the price?? 🤔

Great work Nicasio!
It looks like their heights, mounting gasket tapping plate are identical. Different color anti drain back. It would be interesting to see if they share the same media and by pass valve.
Yeah I wish I had a flashlight with me. I wanted to show the inside was identical as well with the plastic core.

Back