No more CRC Brakleen for me

The last two bottles I bought ran out of propellant before the cleaner was gone. Well over 1/4 of the can was left. Just today I was at Napa picking up some Techron Fuel System cleaner on sale for $4.99 and I picked up two more cans of Brakleen on sale for $4.00 each. I get home and test the cans and one won’t spray at all, ***! I returned it for another one and the counter guy says this is the first time he heard of this problem. He did mention the local jobbers like the Napa Mac‘s parts cleaner. I only buy the red chlorinated one.

The last two bottles I bought ran out of propellant before the cleaner was gone. Well over 1/4 of the can was left. Just today I was at Napa picking up some Techron Fuel System cleaner on sale for $4.99 and I picked up two more cans of Brakleen on sale for $4.00 each. I get home and test the cans and one won’t spray at all, ***! I returned it for another one and the counter guy says this is the first time he heard of this problem. He did mention the local jobbers like the Napa Mac‘s parts cleaner. I only buy the red chlorinated one.
Why not use a pump sprayer?

I just shoot some shop air into the can.
Okay, how do you do that? Never heard of doing such a thing.

I don’t use enough of the product to justify buying a separate sprayer and bulk cleaner.

I use Supertech myself. Stinks that just over 4 years ago it used to be .97 a can, Now it is $2.68

IMG_1323.jpg

Okay, how do you do that? Never heard of doing such a thing.

I don’t use enough of the product to justify buying a separate sprayer and bulk clea
Repressurizing an aero can can be dangerous. Not a good practice. Just report faulty cans to the manufacturer as a non-compliance and they should make it right in some way

I buy the 3M Brake Cleaner never an issue from it. I have used the Brakeleen one too and haven’t had that issue but I don’t buy that brand a whole lot as they are usually out of it.

I bought a refillable can from AAP to do refrigeration work. I use brake airline cleaner to flush out the system and all the hoses. I use the compressor to pressurize the bottle that has an air pressure rating on it. You could dump the non-pressurized fluid in one of those to use up what won't come pout

For the record, I purchased a case of 12 CRC brake cleaner about 4 months ago from Napa.
Out of the 12 cans, about five of them got to about 1/4 left, with no air pressure remaining. At the time it was a good deal for that brake cleaner, but I don't think I'll be purchasing that brand from that place again........

I was thinking of every other can product I use in the garage and only the Brakleen has done this.

pic of the nozzle used to pressurize an aerosol can ? (number 6 above)

number 12 above: I gota nuff gasoline saved (not bought) round here to wash off stuff w/a pneumatic oil can. It's 1/2 a L. I fill it,
snap on the compressor, put a few pounds in, pull the handle & it sprays whatever I put in it out.

Isn't SuperTech above (#7) just bleach? (chlorine)

pic of the nozzle used to pressurize an aerosol can ? (number 6 above)

number 12 above: I gota nuff gasoline saved (not bought) round here to wash off stuff w/a pneumatic oil can. It's 1/2 a L. I fill it,
snap on the compressor, put a few pounds in, pull the handle & it sprays whatever I put in it out.

Isn't SuperTech above (#7) just bleach? (chlorine)

Really any rubber tip blow gun.

humm, don;t have that kind.
1) long tip, a foot
2) a 'plastic' cone
3) tire chuck.
I guess those have a 'pin tip' under the rubber. I'll check it out.
Thnx
(wont purchase - just like 'rags', 'hand cleaner', more - I don't buy nuttin)

Last edited:
Back