no GC at autozone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
where's pscholte when you need him?
frown.gif

Well, it has happened in northern Nevada as well. All the AutoZones in Reno and Carson City are out.

Actually theCarson City had some really old American made 0w-30 with 01as the starting number.

I guess its Mobil 1 0w-40 for me from now on.

West Columbia Auto Zone is out of stock. Just a lonely, empty space where the GC should have been. I'm going to check Lexington next, just to be certain but I see that locally, the "not restocking" trend is continuing.

Ok, let's just say that I work at an AutoZone (official hypothetical position) and I want to check if there is any GC in my store or my regions stores so I can report it to you guys what we have...what am I going to look for to indicate it is GC? Newbie question here, but I may be able to help some.

I talked to the manager at the local Autozone here in upstate NY today ... He said he ordered two cases of GC last week and they are back ordered from Castrol.

Quote:

0W30- Made in Germany on the back. Green has older date codes than Gold.

Ah...don't have it in stock at the moment. Does anyone have the UPC number? I need all the numbers...even the single numbers that are off to the left and right. I'll see if I can find it.

I just picked up 5 qts of m04 GC at AZ, I left 4 qts of mo3, and 4 m01 us made on the shelf, must stop this madness

Just returned from a business trip to Rochester NY. There are Seven Quarts of GC Gold (M051xxxxx) sitting on the shelf of the AZ on Lyell Ave. Did not buy as I still have a lot of it in my shed and am out of room.

Did not have a chance to check out the AZ on Chili Ave in Town of Chili or the AZ on Ridge Road in Town of Webster.
I understand that there is also an AZ on Spencerport Road in the town of Gates, but not sure exactly where it is.

Quote:

Quote:

0W30- Made in Germany on the back. Green has older date codes than Gold.

Ah...don't have it in stock at the moment. Does anyone have the UPC number? I need all the numbers...even the single numbers that are off to the left and right. I'll see if I can find it.

Anyone? All I need is all the UPC numbers off of one of the bottles and I can check stock for lots of stores. I need every number on the UPC starting from the left.

Quote:

That's funny I just picked up 6 quarts of teh Green stuff at the Carson City AutoZone a week ago...right across from NAPA. Cleaned them out

Daaaaamn you!
grin.gif

I had gone to that store about 2-3 times prior and was never able to locate anything but gold.

I called up and they said they had last 5 quarts left, so I made the trip after work and of course you left me with the worth nothing US made 0w-30.
bop.gif

Here is the UPC for the person asking:

This is from a Gold GC bottle, but the geen should have the same UPC

I have never seen any VOA or UOA that establishes that the American made Castrol Syntec 0W-30 is "worth nothing." I suspect it was made from imported base stocks and was a better oil than most people gave it credit for.

Quote:

I have never seen any VOA or UOA that establishes that the American made Castrol Syntec 0W-30 is "worth nothing." I suspect it was made from imported base stocks and was a better oil than most people gave it credit for.

I dont think I have seen ANY USA 0w-30 UOAs.

Actually the yellow-labeled 0w-30 with M01xx is API SJ, and carries no A3/B3 nor VW specs, which leads me to believe it is inferior to GC, not as thick, and lacking the HTHS > 3.2 required for the VW 502.00 spec.

There is also some M02xx w/ the red 0w-30 badging that is also made in US, but it is API SL, also carrying none of the aforementioned specs. I made the mistake of purchasing four of these this week, thinking the red badge was indeed GC.

Also FWIW, this is the first time I've seen some AZ's here in Colorado Springs out of stock in 0w-30. At least two of them are completely out of stock, one with only SJ made in USA 0w-30, and two with GC Gold. Definitely looks like it's disappearing only to never return. Though the space for it still remains.

I spent a good portion of my Saturday afternoon in search of GC. I visited no less than six AZ's in the East Denver/Parker/Aurora area. Two of them are completely out of stock with no space for 0w-30. Two stores had exactly two quarts each of M03xx/M04xx, and one other (on Colfax Ave near I-225) had 8 quarts of green (M0501 and M0507), and a buttload of Gold left. Of course I snatched up all but one quart of GC green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back