New Tire Category: R/T ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R/T means "rough terrain" or "rugged terrain".

...Is the alphabet soup known appropriately as the LT tire market big enough for another letter? Until recently, there were only three types of LT-sized tires: H/T for highway-terrain, A/T for all-terrain and M/T for mud-terrain.

Now there may be the makings of an R/T, or rugged-terrain, tire, although the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) does not yet acknowledge or track such a tire segment. But light truck tire manufacturers and marketers confirm consumers want a tire that fits in-between the A/T and M/T tire segments.

Nitto (Ridge Grappler), Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. (Open Country R/T), American Kenda Rubber Industrial Co. Ltd. (Klever R/T), Omni United USA (Renegade RT+) and Atturo Tire Corp. are actively marketing R/T or hybrid-terrain tires. Atturo uses another letter, "X," in the nomenclature for its Trail Blade X/T.

The Nitto enthusiasts were demanding… a product that has the characteristics of an A/T tire — i.e., comfort, low noise — but wanted a more aggressive design like an M/T tire to match the strong persona of their full-size pickup truck...

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/article/731961/r-t-tires-new-category-not-marketing-hype

Comfortable, low noise tire that looks aggressive...perfect for the bro-dozer that might see a gravel driveway as it's most extreme off-road excursion.

Originally Posted by LotI
Comfortable, low noise tire that looks aggressive...perfect for the bro-dozer that might see a gravel driveway as it's most extreme off-road excursion.

I find gravel drive ways challenging!
eek.gif

When I read the thread title, I thought that R/T would mean Road and Track, for sports cars to use on track days!
And why not? In Chrysler-speak, R/T means Road and Track.

Originally Posted by LotI

For diesel BroDozers, Cooper is manufacturing Legend tires:

...Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is partnering with the DieselSellerz, stars of Discovery Channel's hit show Diesel Brothers, to launch a new tire brand: Legion tires.

..."Our goal is to provide diesel truck drivers with high-quality products that reflect their lifestyles," said Dave Sparks, CEO of DieselSellerz and founder of Legion Tires. "We have created an all-American tire with premium design features and functionality to provide truck drivers the confidence they need to take on any terrain."

https://www.moderntiredealer.com/ne...dieselsellerz-to-make-legion-brand-tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back