New RP Fuel System Cleaner/Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searched 1st and didn't see this posted. If it was already I apologize. Royal Purple has come out with a new fuel system cleaner and stabilizer called MAX-CLEAN. It is a pour in the tank product that treats 15-20 gallon tanks( use 1oz p/ gallon for smaller tanks ).

Originally Posted By: Royal Purple Website
Royal Purple’s New Max-Clean is a state-of-the-art high performance synthetic fuel system cleaner that maximizes the performance of your fuel system. Max-Clean restores fuel economy and deeply penetrates and cleans injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers.

Interesting to note that the website info does not incldue all the info on the can. In addition to what is quoted above the can states it also is EPA/CARB compliant. Will not harm vehicle emissions systems. It is safe to use in regular gas, ethanol blended gas, diesel fuel, and bio-diesel. Can be used in 2 and 4 cycle engines. Can be used to stabilize fuel during storage.

I saw it today for the 1st time at one of the speed shops I deal with. Talked with the owner about it and they have had a lot of good feedback already even though it is new.

I grabbed a bottle while I was there. Cost was $14 so that puts it right there with the larger bottle of Techron+ that treats up to 20 gallons that goes for $12.99 a bottle here.

I am a big RP fan as most know but this new FIC has to be good for me to use it over Techron+. I have the perfect test subject in mind that I was getting ready to add some Techron+ to. I will use this new RP stuff and see how it goes.

MFG INFO:
http://royalpurpleconsumer.com/product-categories/automotive/#!max-clean-fuel-system-cleaner

Last edited:
Eh, I'll stick with Redline's Fuel System Cleaner @ small maintenance doses. Keeps my fuel system clean from what I can tell.

I saw this advertised today as well.

It looks as if it comes in the same kind of can as Seafoam and STP Motor Treatment. And I would suspect the ingredients are similar?

They already for Seafoam at $8 a can, and STP at more. I wonder if this RP costs $15 or so???

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

It looks as if it comes in the same kind of can as Seafoam and STP Motor Treatment. And I would suspect the ingredients are similar?

They already for Seafoam at $8 a can, and STP at more. I wonder if this RP costs $15 or so???

I paid $14 for it as stated above. As far as what is in it this is from the MSDS posted on their website...

Originally Posted By: RP MAX-CLEAN MSDS

COMPONENT LISTING:
Chemical Name Amount
------------- --------
DISTILLATES, PETROLEUM, HYDROTREATED LIGHT > 85.0 %
POLYOLEFIN ALKYL PHENOL ALKYL AMINE 5.0 – 15.0 %
SOLVENT NAPHTHA, PETROLEUM, LIGHT AROM. < 1.0 %
1,2,4-TRIMETHYLBENZENE < 0.3 %
1,3,5-TRIMETHYLBENZENE < 0.2 %
NAPHTHALENE < 0.1 %

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs

I paid $14 for it as stated above. As far as what is in it this is from the MSDS posted on their website...

Originally Posted By: RP MAX-CLEAN MSDS

COMPONENT LISTING:
Chemical Name Amount
------------- --------
DISTILLATES, PETROLEUM, HYDROTREATED LIGHT > 85.0 %
POLYOLEFIN ALKYL PHENOL ALKYL AMINE 5.0 – 15.0 %
SOLVENT NAPHTHA, PETROLEUM, LIGHT AROM. < 1.0 %
1,2,4-TRIMETHYLBENZENE < 0.3 %
1,3,5-TRIMETHYLBENZENE < 0.2 %
NAPHTHALENE < 0.1 %

And that's my point: Why not just get 2 bottles of Seafoam, OR 3 bottles of Gumout with PEA for the fuel? And use Seafoam in the oil? ...

And what do you know about the STP motor treatment that took shots at everybody in the new ad with the guy in the red Dodge truck?

I am not suggesting anyone use anything. I was just posting about a new product out there we can all consider.

Why would anybody buy a Techron at $14? Everybody and their brother knows that you get it at half price on sale at Advanced Auto or cheaper than $14 at Walmart. Your comparison with Techron's list price is unwarranted.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Why would anybody buy a Techron at $14? Everybody and their brother knows that you get it at half price on sale at Advanced Auto or cheaper than $14 at Walmart. Your comparison with Techron's list price is unwarranted.

Why is everyone hammering the OP?

Thank you sir for the informative post.

While I am not a Royal Purple Fan, if this product turns out to be competitive or better than our current "darlings" Techron, Redline and Gum Out Reagane...I may try it.

Originally Posted By: Nightmare

Absolutely. If the stuff is effective (i.e. has PEA), is reasonably available, and reasonably priced, I'd gladly use it. Comparing prices is always hard. I can't get Techron here, for instance, and if we could, I bet it would be close to $14, even at Walmart. That's around what they sell Regane for. On the other hand, I bet I could get the RP stuff if I wanted, and probably at less than $14.

Some of us have suppliers for such things. Price is geographically dependent and dependent upon one's connections. Red Line's cleaner is ridiculously expensive for most people up here, but not for me. I get it cheaper than Regane.

We must remember that if we consider a product overpriced, there is sufficient blame to go around. When we pay $14 for Regane, the store obviously chose to set that price, but the supplier isn't doing us any favours, either.

What do you have against me? Every time I post lately it seems you jump down my throat about something? Man get over it. Actually, you seem to be aggressive with everyone the more I think about it. You go after people and are nasty a lot.

I never said Techron+ was $14 I said around here the large bottle is $12.99 which puts it at the same approx price level. That is the regular price but so is the $14 for the RP( at least the one place I have seen it ).

I used the large bottle of Techron+ to compare because that is what matches up. Both treat up to 20 gallons. Techron isn't always on sale for %50 off either. So yes it is less if it is on sale but what if you want some and it isn't? That means you pay the regular price. RP's new product will be sold on sale at some point too and that means it could be had for less than the Techron+.

Nothing unwarrented about listing the regular prices. You just have a bug in your britches about me for some reason and as usual you are attacking me for no cause.

Last edited:

For some it seems to be a personal thing about me although for the life of me I don't know why? For others it has nothing to do with me and it is because the product is made by RP.

Any RP thread on BITOG will result in attacks and bashing at some point in it. BITOG is anti RP to the extreme. I actually expected a lot of this because of who made the product I posted about. Par for the course.

It wouldn't be BITOG if an RP thread made it more than a post or two before someone had to cast a negative spin on it. Very 1st response took care of it here.
crackmeup2.gif

What is really funny is how some are already dismissing it/beating it down for this or that reason and it is a BRAND NEW PRODUCT they most likely hadn't even heard of before let alone used. So again, it is due to the RP name and/or mine.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be BITOG if an RP thread made it more than a post or two before someone had to cast a negative spin on it. Very 1st response took care of it here.

If people keep that up, I'm going to start running RP in my G just to spite them. And I won't "overpay" for it any more than is the case with any other synthetic in this country, either.

I like royal purple and their products. If I see it I'm going to try it. Just to add the can to my collection.
Thanks for the heads up nhemi

For some it seems to be a personal thing about me although for the life of me I don't know why? For others it has nothing to do with me and it is because the product is made by RP.

Any RP thread on BITOG will result in attacks and bashing at some point in it. BITOG is anti RP to the extreme. I actually expected a lot of this because of who made the product I posted about. Par for the course.

crackmeup2.gif

What is really funny is how some are already dismissing it/beating it down for this or that reason and it is a BRAND NEW PRODUCT they most likely hadn't even heard of before let alone used. So again, it is due to the RP name and/or mine.

I posted a thread about this awhile back.Of course it was mostly negative.As you said,this forum is very anti-Royal Purple products.It's hilarious actually because outside of this forum,there are many people who use Royal Purple products with no issues,including myself,so the negativity towards their products on this forum is pretty much meaningless to me. With that said,I do intend on tryin out this product.
56.gif

Has anyone done a before and after (that is, physically observing the fuel injectors) with the big name cleaners to see exactly how effective (if at all) they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back