New Q-State 300,000 warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidentally, I spontaneously have become interested in the high mileage cars- been googleing it all day...

The Volvo guy with 2.7 million and the Saab that reached a million.

Really neat to see these guys obsessed with getting their cars to last forever.

I think Quaker is banking on very few people to do this- I think the people who rack up that kind of mileage are: contractors and sales.
and few will follow through-

Might be good if you have a turbo. how many turbo's go 300k miles?

Otherwise they are guaranteeing that you will get $3,000 for you car when it reaches 300k if you keep it in good condition.

Read closer guys. Its *up to $3,000 and the amount you get back will be based on the cars current book value. I dont know many cars that get 300,000 miles and are still worth 3,000 unless theyre only a few years old.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Read closer guys. Its *up to $3,000 and the amount you get back will be based on the cars current book value. I dont know many cars that get 300,000 miles and are still worth 3,000 unless theyre only a few years old.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. The less the car is worth, the more the cash back will increase subject to a cap of $3,000. A 1991 Crown Vic with 300k miles has a book value $1,100 (private party). So they would pay you $1,900. It's $1900 retail.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Originally Posted By: volk06

Not sure what point you are trying to make. The less the car is worth, the more the cash back will increase subject to a cap of $3,000. A 1991 Crown Vic with 300k miles has a book value $1,100 (private party). So they would pay you $1,900. It's $1900 retail.

Not sure what point your trying to make. They use the trade in value. A 1991 Crown Vic LX with 300,000 miles in good shape has a value of $550. So they would pay you $550 not $1100 or $1900.

Straight from their website:
http://www.quakerstatewarranty.com/terms/warranty/A.Determining the Amount of the Cash Back Bonus:
1.The amount of your Cash Back Bonus will equal the “Trade In – Good Condition” value of your vehicle on Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com) at the time all required documentation for your claim is received, up to a maximum of $3,000 US

Also saying that you'll spend more money over the term of the warranty in oil than you would get back if you change the oil every 3,000 miles like the warranty makes you, even with UD.
It's a good marketing plan if you ask me.

Last edited:
Yea, that doesn't seem like that bad of an idea really.....BUT, again, does this include "DIY" oil changes? Or only "service center" oil changes? As is, I don't see too many service centers "featuring Quaker State" hehe....most are either Pennzoil, or Valvoline...at least locally here.

BTW, this was posted previously
wink.gif

Apparantly, there IS a cut off/restrictions, the car must be not more than x months old....so sadly, my 88 Aries won't apply :p They want "newer" engines only.....I believe the cut off was 2-3 years old (only they expressed it in months, based on the "manufacture date" of the vehicle.....)

But either way.....say, the car does survive, on those 3k/3month OCIs using cheap QS oil....they fork over $3000 so you can buy a new car....? lol.

I saw this commercial the other night. Gotta wonder what sort of "check" you'd ever get on a 300k car.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I saw this commercial the other night. Gotta wonder what sort of "check" you'd ever get on a 300k car.

Better than no check!
But I don't drive enough to take advantage of this. Then there are also the people who get tired of their cars... Anyone willing to try this?

I put a 1996 nissan maxima with 300k :
* Excellent $1,875
* Good $1,600

* Fair $1,125

It is worth a shot , I mean you have to buy oil anyway and they arent making you do anything special. It is found money..

great marketing im sure this is a ruse to raise their oil prices... I never liked quaker state but i used to like pennzoil but they priced themselves out of my reach.. Lets face it todays sn oils are all great oils shop for price change it 6 months or 5000 miles and you will have your engine for a long long time

volk,

I stand partially corrected, looks like they give you the bonus equal to the trade-value, subject to a $3000 cap and you get to keep the car, so you double the value you would get for the car. But I don't read where you have to change the oil every 3000 miles. If your car's oil change standard under the warranty is 7500 miles, isn't that all you have to meet? But even if you do an extra 30 oil changes, that costs you $750?

I was looking at QS site and it looks like at some point you have to use high mileage or synthetic. Is this some kind of trick or what? How much more is "high mileage?"

This whole promotion is rediculous. I am not going to stick to one brand and be crazy about changing the oil according to the oil change warranty. First of all its 300k or 10 years, which ever is first. You have to be under 75k to qualify so to be realistic you probably should be just under 75k for a headstart. And probably the biggest thing of it is do you think you can put 300k on a car in 10 years? Or whatever your starting at, in my case it would be about 240k. My family had a 89 Probe that we had from 89 till 2010 and it had 270k. But thats after over 20 years. Can you really do it in under 10? Also by the time you achieve the miles do you think you are going to get much for your car? Like they say up to $3000, does that mean trade in value, private sale, retail? WHO KNOWS! You could get $350 after being devoted to this and get jipped. Its all just an unrealistic marketing ploy. Dont buy into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back