new project humvee waste of money

I always wanted one of these. Just got it off a military auction non runner for super cheap money and very low miles.

Lets see what this turns into

Cool buy. I see one driving around here occasionally. Don't let the naysayers dissuade you.

Any signs as to why the no start? Is it the 6.2 diesel or 5.7 gas?

Reactions: GON
Personally I'd try to get solid doors for it, the ones with the thick bullet proof glass and a turret.

Turret.jpg

Personally I'd try to get solid doors for it, the ones with the thick bullet proof glass and a turret.
The company I worked for did development on the transparent armor in these. Armoring up will kill your mpgs.

What is super cheap money and very low miles?
Didn't your mother teach you it's impolite to ask what something cost?? 😖

Weird that the turret is completely uparmored but not the doors and windows. The doors on the uparmored ones are nearly impossible to open/close if the humvee is leaning at any angle. Any fingers caught in the door is being cut straight off.

I always wanted one of these. Just got it off a military auction non runner for super cheap money and very low miles.

Lets see what this turns into

Sweet ride. Doug Demuro had one. He loved it but said it was slow. I always wanted one with the intent of swapping it to a manualn then letting Banks power get ahold of it.

Sweet ride. Doug Demuro had one. He loved it but said it was slow. I always wanted one with the intent of swapping it to a manualn then letting Banks power get ahold of it.
Again-refer to what I said above. The HMMWVs have single handedly kept GEP in Moraine building new 6.5s (with forged cranks & other updates). I still have a brand new 24V military surplus 6.2 IP around here someplace!

The original plan was to purchase of of these with a duramax swap

to replace my h2 which i love but wanted tougher

1=I found a local place that is going to look it over and report back

then comes the build and which direction to go.

I have a fairly large budget for this one hoping to keep it under 100.

Back